Lightscribe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spider209999

so i have had an asus dwr 2014 l1t cd/dvd burner with light scribe since last year. ive never used the light scribe untill now. it doesn't work. ive checked all the software and its up to date. it says please insert a light scribe disc in and there is, it is also inserted correctly cause to make sure i tried it both ways. the burner does tell me sometimes that a brand new disc has media on it but it cant possibly because i havent used them yet. but as far as the light scribe is concerned im stumped please help thanks mark

Hi spider,
are you burning the disc, and then turning it over? (sounds obvious i know, just want to eliminate the dumb stuff) and other than this does the burner work normally?

Hi spider,
are you burning the disc, and then turning it over? (sounds obvious i know, just want to eliminate the dumb stuff) and other than this does the burner work normally?

yeah, and lately ive been just putting the disc in on the lightscribe side as an empty disc, ive flipped the disc a dozen times to male sure but you can definitely tell the difference between the two sides. as far working normally. i used to be able to use it to install programs( anything on a disc) but when it installed that program wouldnt work had to uninstall it and and use my cd rom to install. the burner does burn regular disc i just got done burning 12 dvds for a friend and was going to use the lightscribe for the other sides but i cant get it to work.

You are using gold colored LightScribe only discs,right? Only those will burn LightScribe images, regular discs won't do that.

Lightscribe media comes in many colors now - you just have to make sure it's Lightscribe media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back