Limited or no connectivity on wireless

terry5880

hi all got router in other room then another pc in another room on wireless I got no internet but it says full strength fully working and connected but keeps coming up limited or no connectivity and cant get on internet . put in wep key etc and says connected but nothing what could be the problem please help

Can you please post your IP config file so we can see what settings you have.

And have you tried using a USB wireless key, or do you just use an internal wireless adapter?

Hello, this may not be the answer to your issue, but I had a similar problem with a small hp netbook. I had other computers in my home using my network and all got ip addresses and could go on the internet. This particular computer could do so for several months and then when I was about to sell it to my renter, it could not get an ip address and would report limited or no connectivity. I found the computer's mac address and made note of it and then using another of my computers, went into the router and saw that there was an ip address being handed you to that mac address but the hp netbook could not seem to see it. To compound the confusion, it would work ok on linix and would work on some wifi hotspots with no issues. Someone had me run some tests on the hp to see if there were any problems with my windows software which had to do with wifi and network and it came up with finding one of the dll files missing. I went to my other xp installation and copied the file over to the hp and that solved the problem. But I sitll an not sure how it would have windows connectivity in other places but not at my own network. No wonder I want to learn how to use linux more and more every day. I am sorry I cant recall which program I used to fine the network errors but maybe some one here can tell you. That may be the problem you are having. It might have been FSS.exe or systemlook.exe. I just cant recall now.

hi all sorted this prob done fresh reformat as I think loads of conflicts with ie and google chrome all setting was mucked up thanks all

Back