Limited speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bielius

i have a speed of 1.76bit per second+or more(on www.bandwidthplace.com) <- is it only in USA?
on www.speedtest.net it shows-

^^ there is no server near me, so it's about 100km from where i live.
on torrents, there are MANY seeds but it downloads only 300-390kbps.
same on IE7. mayby there's some limits that can only do 400 kbps?
thanks!

So are you having trouble opening up or connecting to Internet pages? I'm running 4000 kb/s 233kb/s. Your router can affect Internet speeds too

jdillman1502,
what should a good percentage be between download speed and the service speed?

Typically... whatever speed your ISP has your service at, figure 1/8 that for actual download speed. For example, if you have a 3MBps service, you acutally download at about 350k at best. Other limiting factors are present... like the upload speed of the server you are downloading from, network traffic, etc.

but is it possible to make more than 1/8 speed? btw i dont use wireless, i use wire, so max speed on my internet chip is 10/100mbps speed. thanks!

so max speed on my internet chip is 10/100mbps speed.​
you'll NEVER hit that as ethernet real limit is ~70% of those values due to the
contention network design.

btw: I have a good rate at ISP rate 9751kbps / 980kbps using a 100m nic

Exactly like SNG said... thats why you only see a transfer rate of about 1/8 your service speed. Like Jo said, your limiting factor on transfer speed will never be your LAN connection, unless there is some type of hardware trouble or you have a service speed that is ridiculous (several $1000's per month cost, and not available to residential as far as I know ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back