1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

LinkedIn is launching its own livestreaming service

By midian182 · 5 replies
Feb 12, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. As reported by TechCrunch, LinkedIn Live will offer content similar to that found on the business-focused site’s newsfeed. Viewers can expect to find events, conferences, earnings calls, awards ceremonies, product announcements, and even Q&A’s from influencers, all supported by parent company Microsoft’s Azure Media Services.

A couple of examples of these Live Video interactive events include personal finance advisors giving advice to recent grads.

LinkedIn said live streaming had been the site’s most requested feature since it introduced native video around 18 months ago. As is the case with live videos on social media platforms such as Facebook, users can “like” videos as they are being broadcast, with the likes floating across the screen. It’s also possible to ask questions or offer suggestions in the comments section in real time, with hosts able to moderate and, if necessary, remove inappropriate messages.

The company reportedly wants to avoid packing the site with poor quality, user-generated streams. To this end, it has partnered with several third-party developers of live broadcasting streaming services for creators to work with, which will hopefully result in more polished final products.

Permalink to story.

2. Teko03

Teko03 TS Evangelist Posts: 575   +297

When I first read the headline, I chuckled...but after reading the article and seeing the content examples, I'm definitely interested to see this come to life.

3. ckm88

ckm88 TS Addict Posts: 165   +119

LinkedIn - just another Facebook for recruiters and a place to act like you're making a difference! LinkedIn has gotten terrible over the years.

4. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 5,374   +3,770

I joined Linked In when it was brand new and stayed with it over the years but over the past decade I have watched it become nothing more than a vehicle for people trying to sell you something to constantly try to contact you only to be constantly pestered by them. I rarely go there any longer since it appears to be the Facebook of the business world!

5. netman

netman TS Addict Posts: 308   +95

Good news for NSA!

6. Danster1616

Danster1616 TS Enthusiast Posts: 39   +11

This will help with interviews and so much more!! This uses the Skype backend from Microsoft I bet.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...