Linux Installation on dual bootable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Friends, am new to Linux but have install it on a clean system before.
My problem is this I want to install Linux on one partition of a systems that has Win xp on another partition, but the partition had been formated using fat 32, What can I do to install Linux on this fat 32 partition ?:confused:

Convert that FAT32 partition to a Linux one, like ext3 or ReiserFS. Most new Linux distributions have installers that can do it automatically.

1. What is Red hat Linux mount point means
2. what is MDS password mean
3. what is shadow password mean
4. how do i collapse a RH Linux partition to reuse it for Win XP.

5. I have this problem when it is time for my system to copy file into installation directory of Linux....... this message comes up "An error occured transfering the install image to your hard disk drive, you are probably out of disk space" what does that suppose to mean I have almost 10 GB space for this installation

Originally posted by Dottom
1. What is Red hat Linux mount point means
http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/mounting.html
2. what is MDS password mean
MD5 encrypted password
3. what is shadow password mean
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Shadow-Password-HOWTO.html
4. how do i collapse a RH Linux partition to reuse it for Win XP.
Use XP's Disk Administrator to format the partition to FAT32 or NTFS.
5. I have this problem when it is time for my system to copy file into installation directory of Linux....... this message comes up "An error occured transfering the install image to your hard disk drive, you are probably out of disk space" what does that suppose to mean I have almost 10 GB space for this installation
It means RH created a 8 MB partition to the beginning of the drive and tried to install the OS there. I think it's a bug in Disk Druid or the installer. I've solved it by creating Linux partitions manually with fdisk before installing the operating system (can be done with RH by booting to rescue mode).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back