Lite on

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpbradley

Lite on wont burn

I have a LH-20A1H-186 cd dvd burner and I try to burn a dvd and Nero tells me to insert a blank dvd. I put the same dvd in my NEC burner and it burnes fine. I put a movie in the drive from blockbuster and the drive will not even recognize the movie is in there. My lite on was burning last week and it just stopped, any ideas?

Hi kpbradley :)

Looked at your profile but you don't say what OS your using so if your on Windows XP I'm thinking you may have corrupt drivers so before you start pulling your PC apart disconnect your Lite on DVD RW (make sure all cables are away from fans and Motherboard) then boot up your PC when Windows has loaded shut down your PC, reconnect the Lite on DVD RW and boot up your PC, Windows XP will make new drivers for your Lite on DVD RW.

Not Bad

Cyberbabe said:
Hi kpbradley :)

Looked at your profile but you don't say what OS your using so if your on Windows XP I'm thinking you may have corrupt drivers so before you start pulling your PC apart disconnect your Lite on DVD RW (make sure all cables are away from fans and Motherboard) then boot up your PC when Windows has loaded shut down your PC, reconnect the Lite on DVD RW and boot up your PC, Windows XP will make new drivers for your Lite on DVD RW.

Not a bad post for a nOOb :D

Just kidding, keep up the good work and welcome to techspot, you seem like you will be a helpful addition to the TS family.

Drives can just die. Does it read cds? Does it read anything? You can test it outside of Windows if you have a bootable disk. There are linux cds/dvds that are bootable and self contained operating systems and are really handy for testing out drives, because if you can boot off of them it eliminates a hardware problem and points to something in Windows.

If you must stick in Windows for testing, remove the drive from device manager as well, then reboot.

Doesn't matter. This is the system not recognising a disk is in the drive. If copyrighted movies didn't show up in a computer, there would be no reason for PowerDVD or WinDVD to exist.

Regardless of your reasons

See if you can update the Firmware,this fixed my brand new
Sony DVD burner "read disk problem".Now it burns what i want.:cool:

I got it just after posting this, I un-installed it and restarted which re-installed it and all is good again.

Thank you everyone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back