Logitech unveils its lightest and fastest wireless esports mouse to date

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Editor's take: A lighter mouse is commonly associated with being nimble and in esports, speed matters. Some casual gamers, however, prefer a bit of heft in their mouse. This is why mice with adjustable weights were popular for so long, as they allowed users to fine-tune the weight of the mouse to their preferred specification.

Logitech on Wednesday unveiled what it is calling its lightest and fastest wireless esports gaming mouse to date.

The Logitech G Pro X Superlight features Logitech’s own Hero sensor boasting a resolution of 100 – 25,400 DPI, max acceleration >40G and a max speed >400 IPS. The pointer also utilizes Logitech’s Lightspeed wireless technology that’s good for up to 70 hours of constant motion battery life.

Buyers also get zero-additive polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) feet and a 32-bit Arm processor but it’s the physical specifications that really count here.

Logitech’s latest measures 4.92 inches (height) x 2.50 inches (width) x 1.57 inches (depth) and tips the scales at less than 2.2 ounces. That’s nearly 25 percent lighter than Logitech’s standard Pro wireless gaming mouse.

The Logitech G Pro X Superlight launches on December 3 priced at $149.99 and will be offered in your choice of black or white color schemes. The standard Pro wireless gaming mouse is still available for a bit less at $129.99.

Permalink to story.

Just in time. I'm looking for a new mouse and I wanna go wireless. Undecided between the original GPW and a g604.

The release of this new version should bring the prices for the original down. I will wait and see.

However, I don't get how they get away with selling a mouse for $150 when competition like the Model O Wireless is expected to retail at ~$80. I know you pay brand name, but its getting a little bit ridiculous already

Why do these things matter? Half if not more people cheat anyways. Engine Owning sure is making lots of money these days.

To mate with the same power/data cable they use with the G903/Pro Wireless/Pro X keyboard... but no I agree. the G915 which I'm interested in is micro USB with no fancy power cable and the G604 is battery only, no plug in wireless model... I mean they have done plenty of times between the performance MX and all the master MX iterations.

I read somewhere that supposedly it's easier and cheaper to design/solder in micro USB especially when they are lower power/lower rate designs but I 'm also pretty sure that's a load of crap too ha ha.

To mate with the same power/data cable they use with the G903/Pro Wireless/Pro X keyboard... but no I agree. the G915 which I'm interested in is micro USB with no fancy power cable and the G604 is battery only, no plug in wireless model... I mean they have done plenty of times between the performance MX and all the master MX iterations.

I read somewhere that supposedly it's easier and cheaper to design/solder in micro USB especially when they are lower power/lower rate designs but I 'm also pretty sure that's a load of crap too ha ha.
Type C is about 4 times more expensive (IIRC, don't remember the exact number) to manufacture than Micro. GN did a factory tour of some factories that produce these.

Honest question here: What is so great about TypeC other than being reversible and maybe faster charging times?

Type C is about 4 times more expensive (IIRC, don't remember the exact number) to manufacture than Micro. GN did a factory tour of some factories that produce these.
I found the tour you were talking about, very interesting:

These look like they are more for standalone cables or for front panel assemblies, which would be different than the connector that would likely be soldered directly to the keyboard PCB, and I imagine that process would be somewhat more automated though not fully I'm sure. At the cost Logitech is asking for some of these peripherals, most notably the $250 MSRP G915 in my subjective opinion, a "premium" feature like USB-C should have been included to begin with, especially if it does not use that crazy ended micro usb cord they use for their other high end wireless gaming peripherals including the Pro X Superlight featured in this article. As an example, the keychron wireless keyboards are as far as I am aware considered in the territory of premium keyboards, all feature USB-C and cost half to a third of the cost. I know there's a lot more to the price of a device besides it's bill of materials, but it is still a stark contrast to price wise and how seriously doubt the connector costing so much to have enough of a negative effect to not include it.

Honest question here: What is so great about TypeC other than being reversible and maybe faster charging times?
The reversible aspect is a big deal, but it's not so much that it is so great, but the direction many newer peripherals are using to interface with right now. Just to name a few: the Switch Pro controller, PS5, and XBSX (or whatever the acronym is) controllers all use USB-C. Many flagship and flagship-lite Android phones/tablets have USB-C and the ipad pro are USB-C (one day Apple might switch the iphone over, but I'm not holding my breath lol). Some laptops even charge through USB-C PD, include more recent Macbook Pros. Maybe I'm crazy, but I would imagine people who have a lot of these peripherals would like to have one connector for everything if they could help it.

Last edited:
Back