Logitech unveils the MX Anywhere 2, a portable version of its flagship MX Master

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Logitech on Monday unveiled what it’s calling its most advanced portable mouse ever. The Logitech MX Anywhere 2 wireless mobile mouse is a portable version of the MX Master wireless mouse that Logitech claims delivers the best combination of connectivity, size and comfort.

The MX Anywhere 2 is driven by Logitech’s Darkfield laser sensor which allows the pointer to function on a myriad of surfaces including glass. The unit features dual connectivity either via the included Pico unifying receiver or using Bluetooth Smart technology.

Like the MX Master, the MX Anywhere 2 is also capable of being paired with up to three devices at any given time. Being able to use a single mouse with your desktop, notebook and tablet, for example, is quite convenient and could save quite a bit of money (assuming you wanted a high-end mouse for each device). A physical button on the bottom of the mouse is used to toggle between connected devices.

Those familiar with Logitech mice will also appreciate the hyper-fast scroll wheel. This function allows you to quickly zip through a lengthy document or websites then switch back to traditional scrolling for more precision.

Logitech says the MX Anywhere 2 can last up to two months on a single charge. When the juice is running low, a one-minute charge can supply up to two hours of runtime. The unit charges via a standard micro USB cable and you can use the mouse while it’s charging.

The Logitech MX Anywhere 2 launches later this month with an MSRP of $129.95.

Permalink to story.

I much prefer the side by side layout for the thumb buttons, rather than the somewhat cramped stacked layout that the MXM has. I tried an MXM for a little while and while the fit and feel was practically identical to the PMX (which was great), I found myself fumbling a bit the thumb buttons. I didn't use it for much longer than a week so I doubt that is truly enough time to acclimate, but for the pricetag the MXM and all the effort into designing it, I should not have to acclimate. I'm probably being really fussy though about it.

The MXA2 looks like a smaller version of what I would ultimately have liked to have in the MXM, but man, it's so MUCH smaller (as intended) compared to the MXM. I don't think it would be a good fit for my sizable hand even on the road. lol

This article is garbage and Shawn Knight should be ashamed. It costs $80 on the logitech website and it has been out for MONTHS.

Back