Long lasting mouse buttons. Are they no longer around?

I used the OLDer shiny darkred patterned Logitech mice for YEARS literally (I had one for each PC). Only after they got STICKY where the rubber sidepanels are and ended up click failing I had to upgrade.

Tried a Razor for around 50 AUD and it gave up the left mouse button after about 3 months. Not impressed with them at all tbh. a bit small in my hand as well.

Decided to bite the bullet and looked up the NEW Logitech G900 series. Got it JUST be under 12 months ago and last week it began failing the left and right mouse buttons as well. The other PC has a G400 I picked up recently that had an attack of wierdness then it came good. Not sure if windows 10 might have caused it until an update sorted it out.

Am I alone or is it HARD to find decent LONG lasting mice with high quality clickers?

I play MMO and Secondlife when I get bored of them.

I had MORE success with the OLD Microsoft 5 button series eons ago, usually ended up wearing out almost every part other than the buttons on them, wish they were still being made.

Cheers,
Wazzar

I feel your pain. I finally started replacing the switches in the mouse myself.

s-l300.jpg

You know, I use "Inland" (Micro Center's house brand) mice. They're about five bucks a whack, and they last over a year. (At least for me). And trust me, I click on a huge volume of image thumbnails...

I've used a LOGITECH Mx Master, a 200, and a 500 about five years. I don't know why they still work, should have been long gone..

Mice die because Omron switches suck.

I would suggest using a logitech G602 it has 9 additional buttons on the side with 2 more next to the lmb to control mouse dpi, has a low power setting as well as many more customizable feature available through the Logitech program

I would suggest using a logitech G602 it has 9 additional buttons on the side with 2 more next to the lmb to control mouse dpi, has a low power setting as well as many more customizable feature available through the Logitech program
Which has nothing to do with the topic.

Back