The Glorious Model I is a value-focused gaming mouse with modular side buttons

Tudor Cibean

Staff
TL;DR: The Glorious Model I is a new lightweight mouse with an ergonomic shape. It brings customizable, magnetically-attached side buttons to the company's usual formula of great-performing gaming mice at attractive price points.

Glorious has just released the latest gaming mouse in its ODIN lineup, the Model I, and it is poised to become a direct competitor to Logitech's immensely popular G502.

Tipping the scales at just 69g, the Model I is a lightweight wired mouse with honeycomb cutouts on the top and bottom of the shell. It features a right-handed ergonomic shape with a thumb rest. Inside is a PixArt PAW3370-based BAMF sensor, which can go up to 19,000 DPI, and the Glorious main switches are rated for 80 million actuations.

The Model I has nine programmable buttons, including four thumb buttons. Two of these are customizable, so you can choose whichever of the four included shapes you prefer or remove them entirely if you don't need them.

Rounding out the features are a flexible mouse cord, a DPI indicator on the bottom, rounded pure PTFE feet, and, of course, three-zone RGB lighting. The Glorious Model I is available starting today in black or white for $59.99.

If you're looking for alternatives, Logitech's tried-and-true G502 Hero is currently on sale for $40, although it weighs a hefty 121g. The Razer Basilisk V3 is a viable option costing $60, but the wireless Basilisk X Hyperspeed seems like a way better deal at just $38. Finally, there's the Asus ROG Chakram Core, which features a programmable joystick, at $69.

Permalink to story.

The article makes it a pro that it weighs less than competition. I can assure you that is subjective and therefore depends on the person, I actually prefer it to weigh more.

The article makes it a pro that it weighs less than competition. I can assure you that is subjective and therefore depends on the person, I actually prefer it to weigh more.

I can assure you that most pro's and good players prefer wireless mice below 80 grams .. No-one wants a brick these days

I can assure you that most pro's and good players prefer wireless mice below 80 grams .. No-one wants a brick these days
Is this cheap mouse for pros? So, my point stands. Also, over 80 grams is only a brick for you, maybe you have small hands. I had a Logitech G502, great mouse, no problems playing 4-5 hours a day.

Last edited:
Is this cheap mouse for pros? So, my point stands. Also, over 80 grams is only a brick for you, maybe you have small hands. I had a Logitech G502, great mouse, no problems playing 4-5 hours a day.
Small hands? hahah... I have a pretty big hands and I am not a small human either. 6'2, 240 lbs. You are very mistaken if you think light mice are only meant for small hands :joy: It's about reaction times.

All pro's and serious gamers - regardless of handsize - prefer the smaller and lighter mice because of much better control during twitch movements and almost zero strain on wrist. They are simply much more precise than heavy mice. Takes zero effort to move them. You often overshoot with heavy mice. Reaction times are much worse with heavy mice.

As you can see, no-one wants a brick mouse these days. It's that simple. G502 is an old brick mouse. I had one, and still have one lying around, mediocre mouse at best. Stiff cable and 121 grams, yeah no thanks. Only people with absolutely no knowledge about gaming mice would go for that in 2022 :joy: :joy:

Don't tell me you used palm grip on that brick too :joy:

Small hands? hahah... I have a pretty big hands and I am not a small human either. 6'2, 240 lbs. You are very mistaken if you think light mice are only meant for small hands :joy: It's about reaction times.

All pro's and serious gamers - regardless of handsize - prefer the smaller and lighter mice because of much better control during twitch movements and almost zero strain on wrist. They are simply much more precise than heavy mice. Takes zero effort to move them. You often overshoot with heavy mice. Reaction times are much worse with heavy mice.

As you can see, no-one wants a brick mouse these days. It's that simple. G502 is an old brick mouse. I had one, and still have one lying around, mediocre mouse at best. Stiff cable and 121 grams, yeah no thanks. Only people with absolutely no knowledge about gaming mice would go for that in 2022 :joy: :joy:

Don't tell me you used palm grip on that brick too :joy:
Reaction time is given by the sensor. DPI and further parameters that are set by each individual depending on the mousepad surface, according to their play style. If you're a big man, your wrist will move 120g just as easily. It's not the difference between a brick and a feather. It's 50g. If you don't have reaction time, you just don't, you could be using a feather. This is just a marketing gimmick, ergo your link. A heavier mouse (around 80-90g) gives me full control. Also, not everyone plays only shooters. I don't care about pros that play shooters. Everyone has his preferences, whether it makes you laugh out loud, I'm a decent player. I'm not advocating for G502 either, it was good while it lasted, but it broke. I'm currently using a Deathadder V2 at 82 g and I will not get anything lighter. And ofc I use a claw grip.

Last edited:
Reaction time is given by the sensor. DPI and further parameters that are set by each individual depending on the mousepad surface, according to their play style. If you're a big man, your wrist will move 120g just as easily. It's not the difference between a brick and a feather. It's 50g. If you don't have reaction time, you just don't, you could be using a feather. This is just a marketing gimmick, ergo your link. A heavier mouse (around 80-90g) gives me full control. Also, not everyone plays only shooters. I don't care about pros that play shooters. Everyone has his preferences, whether it makes you laugh out loud, I'm a decent player. I'm not advocating for G502 either, it was good while it lasted, but it broke. I'm currently using a Deathadder V2 at 82 g and I will not get anything lighter. And ofc I use a claw grip.
Reacting is faster and more precise with a light mouse regardless of how big and strong you are lol. It is pretty much logic and the reason why pretty much all good fps players wants a light mouse.

I have been powerlifting for 15+ years, I think I can move a 100+ gram mouse just fine, it just feels wrong. 100+ grams is brick category these days. Especially if its wired with cable drag. Terrible, just terrible.. To each their own, I don't care what other uses.

If people want to use a 10+ year old crap mouse in 2022, go ahead :joy:

Back