Long time Diskeeper user going with Auslogics

Status
Not open for further replies.

fw2004

Hello;
I just want to say that after more than ten years using Diskeeper to keep my hard drives running at peak performance, I have decided to ditch the payware and go with Auslogics freeware product. The Auslogics product was first introduced to me by members of this forum when I inquired about whether or not Diskeeper was worth the money. I thank you for this good advice.

I have done this for several reasons (besides the cost):

1) Diskeeper has too many useless features, that only seem to cause performance hits while playing games.

2) I don't like the fact that I would have had to purchase a new version for Windows 7, while I already own version 2008, which I have running on the XP partition on the same machine.

3) I feel that Diskeeper has become too much of a showpiece than it is a utility. It has all these hyped up features that I always had to keep turned off anyway, for best game performance.

4) Auslogics product is free, and does an excellent job at keeping my drives running smoothly.

Once again, I would like to thank the members of this forum who helped me make my selection on this utility. The money I saved on the software is going to go towards an eventual hardware upgrade.

FW

You will not be unhappy with the change... but there are differences about which you have to learn.

You will not be unhappy with the change... but there are differences about which you have to learn.
Do you know whether there is a 64bit version of Auslogics? I may be upgrading to 64bit multi core CPU soon.

FW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back