Looking To Overclock My Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediSlayer

I was hoping that I could ask for some help on finding out exactly how to overclock my CPU. I’ve looked online for some tutorials, and either they’re not self-explanatory enough for a beginner, or they are mere reviews of what hardware they used while overclocking their computers. Anyways, I get the gist of how overclocking works, but not any real down to earth knowledge on what exactly to configure in respect to overclocking the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400.
What I’m using:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Motherboard: Asus P5K-E Wi-Fi AP

RAM: OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

I am a first time newb at this whole overclocking stuff, so any help, again, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Tyler

Tweak the FSB first, in 10MHz increments, and then test for stability by running Prime95's torture test for around 30 minutes or so. Then reboot, increment the FSB and test again. Increase the FSB until the point where Prime95 gives you errors. You might want to keep a paper and pencil handy to note down the stable and unstable readings.

If the PC crashes and doesn't boot, just reset the CMOS by removing the small battery from the mobo for about a minute, and putting it back in. Then just set the FSB to the last stable value, and you have a nice OC. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back