Lots of Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

First time posting here. I wanted to post this in the official ntfs.sys thread, but that thread was closed.

Anyways, I have been having blue screens for 5-6 months now. This occurs most of the time when I play WoW. And when it crashes, it takes me to a blue screen, each time it's a different problem.

I am completely ignorant of computers. I have tried other forums, but haven't find any luck. I just need professionals on this website to help analyze my computer. I would really hate to go out and buy a new hardware and later find out that it wasn't needed. So please, advise me on what I should do to save my computers from blue screens.

Thank You very much. Again, I don't know much about computers so please bare with me.
Nhan

Attachments

• Mini123108-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 5
Two of your minidumps cite memory corruption and so this is where you need to begin because bad RAM can cause all kinds of problems and give all kinds of error codes.

So first go to www.memtest.org, find the latest version in ISO format, save to your computer and burn to a CD. This test is totally free and safe.

Then reboot your computer with the CD already in the drive. The test will take over. This takes a long time but well worth it. Many people start it before going to bed and check it the next morning..

The rule is to run it for a minimum of 7 PASSES; there are 8 individual tests per PASS.

*** If you get any errors you have corrupted memory that must be replaced; it cannot be fixed. If you have more than one stick of RAM then take one out and run the test again per stick to see how many sticks need replacing.

* Get back to us with your results.

Thank You Route44

Thank you for analyzing my computer.

What I did: I had 4 Memory stick installed. I took 2 old ones out and leave the 2 new ones in. I cleaned some dust out of my cpu.

The Results:
1) My computer no longer beeps every 5 seconds. Which is a good thing.
2) The start-up is really fast now. I remember just yesterday it takes about 2-3 minutes for my computer to start-up. Even then, it randomly takes me to a blue screen. Now, it takes about 10-20 seconds to start up. Which is really awesome. Plus, I have not seen a blue screen yet during start up.

I have not tried to play Wow yet. The results so far was very exciting, I had to post here first to give the good news. I'll keep you updated.

Thank you so much Route44,
Nhan

You're welcome and I am glad a simple solution worked for you. Remember that if your system runs a 32-bit Operating System 2 gigs is all you need. Windows Vista 64-bit OS utilizes 4 gig.

It sounds like you're older RAM sticks were incompatible with your newer ones.

Thanks

Yes, my new Sticks did not work with my old ones. Which is quite odd b/c I bought them from the same manufacturer. Anyways, I am currently using the 2 old RAM and it's working perfectly. I am going to leave it as it is. I don't want to mess up.

Thank you so much,
Nhan

A manufacturer of RAM will produce many types of RAM. My hunch is your older were not compatible with the newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back