Low sound quality

fast_motion

Hi, whenever I play movies on Blu Ray or DVD, from my PS3, the levels are always off to me. The effects and music are always really loud while the dialogue is very quiet. I find myself having to turn it way up during scenes with a lot of talking then having to dive for the mute button when any action scenes come up before my neighbours bang on the door.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue only by going through the settings ??

What is the sound coming out of? If it's anything short of a 3-channel system (Left, right, centre) then you're gonna have a hard time hearing the talking on any movie. It's just how the *****s mix the audio, unfortunately. :(

Just a hdmi cable from the ps3 to the tv...

would it make sense to buy a home cinema system the same brand as the tv ?? I mean would that somehow be on the same note or it's just like the better the system the better the sound ??

I think it has something to do with Blu Rays. I always notice that when I play Blu Rays on my Blu Ray player the sounds effects are very load while the dialogue is medium volume. I am also using HDMI and the audio from the TV itself, not a standalone sound system. I hope my input helps a bit @St1ckM4n.

Yeah, you're just using weak TV speakers. You're fighting an uphill battle. :p

When you're playing the movie, press TRIANGLE to bring up the menu. Somewhere there, is a volume adjustment. Slide it from 0 to +something. I found that helped slightly.

With regards to home theatre system - yes, this will help. It has a dedicated centre speaker for voice audio, so you can be sure that you will hear people talking even with effects coming from left/right speakers. You can also boost the volume of centre speaker only, and lower volume of other speakers.

But in the end, unless you tweak everything to suit yourself, it won't be fine. As I said before, it's how they mix audio these days - very annoying.

Back