Mad Dog driver help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,

First time poster with a moderate to moderately advanced knowledge of PC's. So I have a mad dog dvd rw burner model TSH652D (Rev MD00) and i want to be able to bur Double layer discs, but am unable to. I am attempting to back up dvd's that are in excess of 4.6 gb. Do i Need to update my drivers to do this and if so where can i find the updated drivers? Or is it simply a software issue? If this is true what software is compatible with mad dog and sufficient for my needs? Please help however you can. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tony

You are the third person within a week that has come here with items made by Mad Dog. One concerned a psu and the other like yourself concerning a drive.

The person with the CD/DVD drive could find no drivers or firmware updates from Mad Dog. Plus, if I am not mistaking, a drive has to be designed to burn dual layer.

Find Mad Dog's website and see if they have any driver/firmware updates for your particular model.

Its not a driver problem. Your disk burning software has to support dual-layer recording and you have to use dual-layer disks. And not all DVDRW drives are dual-layer.

Also, Mad dog's drivers support is non existent nowadays. And believe me, we have tried to look for the files so we can host them locally to no avail.

You can buy a dual layer drive for between $24 and $45... look for a light scribe unit... and it will last for a long time. Use the Mad dog for other optical drive issues.

Mad Dog doesnt make the drive though. Look on top of the unit and there should be a tag with the actual manufacturer and model number. You may be able to get driver and firmware updates from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back