Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal BSOD

Cristi

Please help me. I am getting the BSOD constantly and cant do any work on my PC. It started happening once a day but now it's all day long. First time it started I hadn't installed anything for about 2 months so no changes or anything to justify it. I've tried many things and updated all my drivers etc.

Please take a look at my .dmp files and hopefully someone can help me identify the problem. I don't have the knowledge or software to read it myself.

Attachments

• Minidump files.zip
    65.9 KB · Views: 1
I forgot to write that I run windows 7 and did memory tests, everything checks out. Also PC was cleaned about 2 months ago so I doubt it's dust or anything like that. I ran sigverif and it found the driver for CMedia not verified but I can't do anything about that, I searched and there is no updated driver.

If you can, check or replace the hard drive. To check the drive go to Computer. Right-click on the C drive. Select properties, tools, check now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. Make sure there are no (!) yellow exclamation points in the device manager

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have checked my C drive, no errors, no bad sectors, files etc. volume was clean. Also I have checked device manager and there were no yellow marks or unidentified devices. That was one of the first things I checked.

Unfortunately I got a new one. Thank you for helping me out. Is there a way to make an exception for that CMedia driver for the verifier? Just in case it's causing a problem.

Attachments

• dmp file2.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 1
The new minidump is the same as the others. What are you complete computer specs, including the hard drive make and model?

OK here they are.

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD Athlon II X2 245
4.00 GB RAM Dual Channel DDR2 @ 267MHz
ASRock ALiveDual-eSATA2 (CPUSocket)
Philips 190C
512MB GeForce 210
195GB Western Digital WDC WD2000JB-00REA0 ATA Device
HL-DT-ST DVD - RAM GH22NP20 ATA Device
C-Media CM6501 Like Sound Device

That Western Digital 200GB IDE drive is pretty old. Because the minidumps are still pointing to a hard drive issue, I would suggest that you replace it...

Thank you for your time again. Yes, I know it's an old one. If I replace it, wouldn't I need to replace my motherboard too? I am asking because the new ones have different connections and maybe my old motherboard won't support it.

OK I understand. I will try changing it and let you know if the BSOD stops. I really hope it will. Thank you very much for your help.

Back