Major BSOD problem, can't boot in safe mode

Hi my Dell just keeps getting the bluescreen of death. All the safe modes won't make it boot and neither will the last working configuration. No matter what it just keeps getting the BSOD. Is the computer broken? Or is there a way to fix this?

Because I live on the East Coast and it is almost 1:30 in the morning I won't be able to help further until several hours from now. Nevertheless please answer the following...

1.What are the BSOD codes and do the screens show any drivers and if so which ones?

2. If we read you correctly you cannot load to the desktop in any mode, correct?

3. Have you been recently infected or added or updated any software recently?

4. How old is this system and how long have you had these issues?

5. What is your OS and what security software are you running?

1. The code it shows is...
*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x805515A1, 0xF78E2250, 0x00000000

2. Correct

3. No but when I turned my computer on before this happened the anti virus and spyware security was disabled for some reason.

4. My system is about 7 years old and this has never been a problem. Happened last night though.

5. My OS is Dell System 8400. The processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Hmmm, not a good sign that your security software was disabled. That can be a strong indicator of infection. However, before proceeding on this path please tell us the make of your harddrive. Also, did Dell supply you with any recovery disks?

Back