Major Problems!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im new to the forums, ive been building computers for 4 years but never have i come across a problem like this before...

My computer started up as normal but displayed no picture, i thought it was the gfx card so i changed it with another one that worked in other computer, Still nothing.

Next i tested the Ram, ram was working fine and neither did a brand new 1gb stick of ram fix the problem. So next i changed the power supply over and still no picture.

So next i removed everything but the gfx card and main ATX power cord... thats wires, fans, HDD, rom drives, Procceser. Still no video, then i tried running the MB outside the case to eliminate shorts, and still nothing.

Finally i bought a new motherboard, and guess what.... exactly the same problem :(

If anyone has any other suggestions i really could use them. TY :)

Computer Spec :

Asus A7V880 VIA KT880 Duron/XP 8xAGP +SATA RAID +LAN +Giga LAN +6 ch. audio +USB2 +WiFi slot OEM Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 3200
1gig pc 3200 400mhz ram
80gig HDD
geforce 6800 (also tried a geforce 6200)
cd-rom drive
dvd rom drive

Hard drive, BIOS corrupted, Infestation, CMOS battery, video graphics driver on the hard drive blocking the new driver. Did you disable the old driver.
Do you get the same response when you cold boot to Safe Mode (pressing F8 once per second repeatedly until it boots)

No video at all... 2 motherboards, power supply, different memory, it has to be the processor. I'm sure you swapped the CPU from the first motherboard

i see, yeah i did move the processer over from the 1st MB, that was the only thing i could not check in another system, ill buy a new one tommorow, and hope for the best.

thanks fot the help :)

You didn't mention if you tested the monitor by switching it to another PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back