Malwarebytes can't update

macx

Trying to help an elderly cousin improve her security.

Installed Super Anti Spyware, made sure her Windows firewall is ON.
(XP, sp3, IE) She was already running AVG Free 8.5. I also installed
CC and ran it.

Then tried to install Malwarebytes, copied the setup file from my laptop on
a flash drive, downloaded onto her computer.

Seemed to install OK, the control panel opens, but it can't access the
update files. I verified it's connected to the internet.

Have made sure Malwarebytes is allowed in her firewall.

Also tried to download newest version with no success, from the home MB site, also
from CNET.

Appreciate any help!

Best AV

Sound like you have more than one security program installed in your system?
You never know what will happen but then again I don't think many people believe in installing more than one anti-virus program per computer. Just delete them all but one!
It takes up a lot of your ram. You only need about one antivirus program, just make it a program that runs from the time you start your computer untill you shut it down. A program like this is one that you will have to purchase.
instead of using multi anti virus and other security tools i would suggest be aware about spyware maleware and other malicious files Use any one good Anti-virus as you mentioned you are using lots of antispywares antivirus etc , using multiple AV can be result of false virus warnings and alerts conflicts and it will also consume your memory.
PC Health Advisor is exactly what you need security program, brings together high quality tools in one comprehensive program.

It is from CNET......also Compatible with Windows 7 Windows Vista and Windows XP

Also tried to download newest version with no success, from the home MB site, also from CNET.
I believe the key is that you say you can’t download the program from different locations. This makes no sense, and suggests you have no access to the internet and/or your downloading function doesn’t work. Have you tried to download something else from CNET? And do other programs, e.g. Super AntiSpyware, update?

Back