Master web building fundamentals with this .NET programming training, currently 93% off

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

Creating apps for Windows platforms involves working with the .NET framework. The Microsoft .NET 4.5 Programming with HTML5 can help you become a .NET savant and get your coding career off the ground.

Across 37 lessons, this training will have you mastering Windows programming inside and out. You’ll start with the basics, learning how to code with HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript. Once you have a solid grasp on the fundamentals, you’ll move on to advanced .NET programming.

Currently discounted over 90% off, you can get the Microsoft .NET 4.5 Programming with HTML5 training for only $49. You’ll get your hands dirty coding with each of these tools, and you’ll learn what goes into building a website from the ground up. With extra quizzes and practice exams at your disposal, you can easily refine your skills and track your progress as you make your way through the entire curriculum.

Permalink to story.

Be advised - - just so there's no surprises down the road: Web servers run Linux and that platform doesn't support .NET - - server side (portable) web programming is done with PHP, Perl and NodeJS.

It is rare to find IIS as the hosted web server and .Net is specific to Microsoft.

Be advised - - just so there's no surprises down the road: Web servers run Linux and that platform doesn't support .NET - - server side (portable) web programming is done with PHP, Perl and NodeJS.

It is rare to find IIS as the hosted web server and .Net is specific to Microsoft.
Not true, there was a project named mono ( http://www.mono-project.com/ ) that allowed for .net stuff to run on Linux, but that is now mostly redundant as MS themselves released Linux compatible .net ( https://www.microsoft.com/net/core#linuxredhat ).

But the majority of web stuff is done with other frameworks as Jobeard states :)

While I work with non-Microsoft technologies, I don't care about which is used.

But I'm amazed by the quantity of software written badly. Even the projects I'm involved in have so many bad decisions and I always get so much resistance when trying to make an architecture that is easy to debug and fast to process the data.

It's like the universe doesn't want simple, efficient algorithms. At this moment I'd be happy seeing a piece of functionality that's to the point, instead of the usual "let's make 3 classes and call 10 methods to increment a value".

While I work with non-Microsoft technologies, I don't care about which is used.

But I'm amazed by the quantity of software written badly. Even the projects I'm involved in have so many bad decisions and I always get so much resistance when trying to make an architecture that is easy to debug and fast to process the data.

It's like the universe doesn't want simple, efficient algorithms. At this moment I'd be happy seeing a piece of functionality that's to the point, instead of the usual "let's make 3 classes and call 10 methods to increment a value".
OH YEAH; seen that one before and they think you & I aren't sophisticated enough - - bah humbug.

Back