Mega Man 11 is coming in late 2018 with a new art style

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Capcom on Monday during its 30th anniversary celebration for Mega Man revealed a brand new game in the franchise. Mega Man 11 will adhere to the familiar 2D, sidescrolling platform genre but will feature a new art style alongside 3D visuals.

The game will be produced by Kazuhiro Tsuchiya and directed by Koji Oda, both Capcom veterans with experience in creating Mega Man titles. Yuji Ishihara, the game’s art director and character designer, has crafted a new look for our hero.

To be honest, it looks a lot like Mega Man spiritual successor Mighty No. 9. Perhaps this is the game that should have been?

Notably, Mega Man’s costume will change shape as he equips new weapons (not just its color).

Mega Man 11 will land on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Windows PC late next year, roughly eight years after the arrival of Mega Man 10 in 2010. More information on the game is expected next summer.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I hope this next installement will be the final one to close the mega man series down for good.
I also hope capcom will make a establishments to mega man being converted over to X towards the end of the game.
Wily bringing out zero for a quick test run to destroy rock, but only to realize zero is unstable with that evil energy and brings the world into ruins.

If they would do it like this, sure I don't mind paying 29.99 for that but to keep dragging it on forever no thank you.

3D polygon graphics for me are now old enough that it's a matter of choice, and not which one is the newer tech. And I prefer 2D Mega Man graphics. I realized this while playing Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and regular Mega Man X. One is one style, and the other is another, and in that sense they are equal. But since the latter from a technical level requires more horse power and it's newer, it became more popular. But in a world where it's equally new to a human that has never played video games, I prefer the 2D. It's now a matter of preference.

Nice, reminds me of windows 95 games. I just hope the game will have more than 30fps, the trailer gave me headache.

I hope this next installement will be the final one to close the mega man series down for good.
Asking Capcom to stop making Megaman games is like asking Sega to stop making Sonic games or Nintendo to stop making Mario games. What is wrong with you?!

They need to so what is wrong with you again ?
The *original mega man* series has gone on long enough, why not bring that series to a close 1987 - 2018 ?
You still have mega man x that still needs a few more games to bring an end to that one.
I don't a see a reason for you to get upset over this, take it down a notch or two please.

Definitely going to be a buy. It's available on all the mainstream systems, but I'm adding it to my Switch collection.

Back