Memory upgrade for HP Pavilion a1514n

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently tried to upgrade my RAM from 1 gig to 2 gig purchased from Edge Tech. When I installed it and tried to reboot, the picture on the monitor was fuzzy and wavy---it stuck in the boot phase...starting over several times but never fully booting. I tried switching slots and got the computer to come on but it locked up soon after. When I removed the new RAM and reinstalled the old RAM it worked fine...any advice?

it would be great if you posted the mobo and what RAM your running. is this a single 2 gb card, 2x 1GB?

more info

Sorry---my computer started with 2 x 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM...and the system board is ACPI\PNP0C01\1. I tried to upgrade using 2 x 1 GB without success. It has an Intel Pentium 4 3.06GHz processor. Let me know if you need more info...

Hi weegifted,
did you check the manufactures list of compatible ram? some boards are very sensitive to that and will not post with some ram. capacity wise 2gb your installing is the max

This link should provide some RAM suggestions that should be fully compatible with your PC and if it isn't just RMA it and tell Newegg it didn't work despite the Memory Configurator stating it would and you should get a 100% refund.

HP Pavilion a1514n RAM - Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back