Mic auto-mutes when I adjust speaker volume

Hi

I recently purchased a Roccat mouse-bundle containing a Roccat Savu mouse and Vire earphones. The earphones come with an integrated mic.

I immediately installed the mouse's drivers, but couldn't find any for the earphones so I just connected them and they worked fine.

The mouse has macro features and an extra button with the same functionality as a function key on a laptop.

When you press this button and scroll up or down on the mouse wheel, the speaker (or headset) volume is adjusted. However I started realising my microphone also got muted as soon as I used this feature, and then I need to go unmute it from audio settings and microphone properties.

I attributed the error to a possible faulty driver, and set the mouse to factory default and reinstalled the driver, but it still didn't fix the issue.

Recently I realised that the error is not bound to the mouse, as 'n adjusted the volume from my keyboard using the keybord shortcuts built into the keyboard, and the same thing happened.

Its a very frustrating and tedious error, and the only advice I can find on it is regarding Skype, which I do not use.

I would appreciate any help/advice.

Thanks.

Good approach to problem.

Looks like Roccat installation changes keyboard driver as well as mouse driver.

Consider uninstalling and removing Roccat, uninstalling keyboard, plugging in a 3-button mouse, restarting machine, and then testing with the ordinary 3-button mouse and the reinstalled keyboard. If muting issue resolves then you can focus on Roccat support for a solution.

Back