Microphone problems

connu

After browsing the net for 10 hours I found a nice thread on this forum
( https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic38366-4.html )
Unfortunly it didnt help me.

I will now explain my problem :
After updating my drivers my microphone stopped work.
I installed Realtek but still didnt work, after alot of uninstalling and installing
the original sounds and realtek for hours and using alot of tips over the forums I have finally given up.

The problem, as I see it, is that everyone seems to have a different realtek than me.
I will post photos so you guys can see my screen.

This is the realtek everyone seems to have :
gigabytega965pdq6mboandqx4.jpg

http://img488.imageshack.us/i/gigabytega965pdq6mboandqx4.jpg

This is the one I got :
21145481.png

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/21145481.png

And heres some more pictures that might help :
20388977.png

http://img175.imageshack.us/f/20388977.png
50293084.png

http://img689.imageshack.us/i/50293084.png

For some reason the pictures arnt being shown?

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

Not Available USB\VID_0BF8&PID_100F\5&7C1AFA0&0&8 The drivers for this device are not installed.

I'd rather not post the Dxdiag since people say I would be "Biggest ***** ever" ..

Btw, I just reinstalled Windows 7 32bits ( And reformated where my old system was )
Yet my microphone dosnt work.

I'd rather not post the Dxdiag since people say I would be "Biggest ***** ever" ..
Uhhh. OK. Though other then whatever you happened to assign as your "machine name" there's no personal info in DxDiag. Look through it yourself

Not Available USB\VID_0BF8&PID_100F\5&7C1AFA0&0&8 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Moot point perhaps, since you reinstalled, but this just looks like your wireless network device

Btw, I just reinstalled Windows 7 32bits ( And reformated where my old system was )
Yet my microphone dosnt work.
Well then, best i can suggest is
> Check if your mic works in someone elses computer or not
> And check Control Panel->Sound and check Mic properties. Also see if a box to Allow an application to grab exclusive use. Make sure it's unchecked.

G;luck

I would do what Lookingaround said clearly if you reinstall windows and this being 7 and yet your microphone still isn't working could be failure in mic. also be be a falture in green jack.

The microphone have worked before.
And it does work on my fathers computer ( Windows Vista )
I'll add the dxdiag.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    31.9 KB · Views: 6
UPDATE :
My Microphone stopped working AFTER I installed Realtek drivers, after I uninstalled it and try fix it my microphone still didnt work, reformating computer and installing windows 7 32bit didnt help.

Am I mybe lacking a microphone driver?
Or mybe the latest realtek dosnt work with my computer?
Could I get a link to realtek driver with the blue screen ? ( I got one with yellow and it seems no one really uses that one but blue one )
(This is the one I got = http://www.mydigitallife.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/realtek-hd-audio.jpg
(This is the one I want = http://www.tacticalsites.com/~whiskeysix/screens/realtek_hd_mic_setup.JPG
Links would be appreciated.
And answers also.

Don't know if you answered this before, but how old is the mic and what's the model ( if you know it, cause the pictures sure aren't working:) )

Hi connu

Sorry to hear you continue to have mic problems....

You can run and look inside your dxdiag again. What i saw last time (look for it yourself now) indicates the microphone driver is installed last time i checked
Code:
---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
            Description: Microphone (High Definition Audio Device)
  Default Sound Capture: Yes
  Default Voice Capture: Yes
            Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
         Driver Version: 6.01.7600.16385 (English)
      Driver Attributes: Final Retail
          Date and Size: 7/14/2009 01:51:47, 304128 bytes
              Cap Flags: 0x0
           Format Flags: 0x0
Also, did you already check this (per one of my prior posts?) as i see you didn't say if you've checked yet
check Control Panel->Sound and check Mic properties. Also see if a box to Allow an application to grab exclusive use. Make sure it's unchecked.
Also if you look in Sound control panel, i think it'll indicate what devices are detected when plugged in. Does it indicate it detects your mic? If no, might be the computer mic jack itself has failed

Theres a green icon at the Microphone at recording, its the same as before, and I just unchecked that box but it didnt help.
And when I talk into microphone I dosnt hear anything ( Replay sound, hear what you say box )
Its as if the microphone arnt put in.
However it have worked before.

And as I said, it stopped working after I downloaded Realtek program and installed it and now it dosnt work anymore.

Might be a long shot,but are you sure that it's enabled? Right click on the Sound icon in the systray, select Recording Devices, and then make sure that your microphone is listed and is enabled.

Windows 7 is a bit quirky in that with certain configurations, devices cannot coexist. I ran into this with a customer's USB speakers and found this interesting area where items are listed to be enabled and disabled.

Like I said, it's a long shot, but check it out anyway.

Could I get the link for the blue realtek program?
Wow!! What a timely question!!

Here;s the Realtek Download site. I just went to double check for you and they just posted new drivers 3 days ago!!! (August 3, 2010) Maybe their newest driver might help do the trick.

> Note: You want the High Def Audio drivers for your version of Windows
> Download the Executable version. Then run it

Hope this might help!

Thanks mate, after ordering a complete new headset I managed to get working mic..
However:
My main one got no mic
My new one got no sound

So Im sitting here with my old headset on the head and my new headset right beside me and I have to talk into it X.X

Feeling a bit ridicolous ya know x'D

Hi, I am also having some troubles using external Microphones on my Laptop.
I have an Acer Aspire 5738ZG and I'm using a Creative HS-450 Headset.
The Microphone on my Creative Headset doesn't seem to work with any other computer either, however, that is not my problem. I tried to use my brothers headset, a KOSS SB45.

I've used the sound recording something without success. The only thing i manage to record is a static noise, like a vibration that is shifting in volume. (This happens with both the microphones.)

However, the integrated mic on my laptop can still record sound... sometimes. It can at any time just stop recording anything and i can only get it working again by carefully tapping the plastic surface covering the mic. This happens very often and very suddenly.

One thing that might be useful is this;
When i open Device Manager and look under Sound, Video and game controllers i find the Realtek High Definition Audio device (the drivers are up to date), and NVIDIA High Definition Audio (not sure about the drivers). All playback and recording devices are using Realtek HDA as controller, so what is the NVIDIA HDA for? Could NVIDIA be creating a conflict between the two? If so how do i uninstall it?

Thank you on beforehand for the help.

Hi Crahdol

Why don't you generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

DxDiag

Ok, I never thought of that. Attaching it here.
This evening the integrated mic have been working unusually long though, no "mutes" so far.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    37.8 KB · Views: 2
At least based on dxdiag, It looks like the drivers are installed correctly. When you reinstalled them, did you try first uninstalling the old drivers from Ctl Pnl->Programs and Features. (if not you might try that as well)

As to your questions about the devices you're seeing in Device Manager
NVIDIA High Definition Audio (not sure about the drivers)
Are you really seeing an item titled NVIDIA High Definition Audio in Device Manager? I see Nvidia in dxdiag as your integrated graphics card (not sound)

fyi, for Hi Def Audio (which you have) connections are as follows (where Windows only talks to the Audio Controller. The Audio controller connects to all audio devices on the sound card)
Windows <==> Hi Def Audio Controller <==> Sound Card
Audio Controller
You should be seeing High Definition Audio Controller listed under DvMgr's System Device category (the code box snippet below is from your dxdiag report)
Code:
(     Name: High Definition Audio Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_02051025&REV_03\3&11583659&0&D8
   Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 6.00.6002.18005 (English),
Sound Card
The Realtek High Definition Audio Devices you see in DevMgr under Sound category are all devices located on the Sound Card

Also looks like the mic driver is installed OK as well so i don't have any other good answers as to your problem :(
Code:
---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
            Description: Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
  Default Sound Capture: Yes
  Default Voice Capture: Yes
            Driver Name: RTKVHDA.sys
         Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5802 (English)

Thank you for taking the time looking through my problem.
Though nothing seems to help. My computer have been like this for a while now, i have lots of tiny problems and such which none of them have a good explanation :(
I discovered now that at least i can use a microphone connected through bluetooth... though, the sound recorded through that is horrible.

And yes, there really is a device in the device manager called NVIDIA High Definition Audio

And yes, there really is a device in the device manager called NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Oh. It just occurred to me what that device is: You must have an HDMI port on laptop? That Nvidia HD audio device would support your laptop's audio out over HDMI

Unfortunately, that wouldn't be related to your mic problems tho. As i believe your sound capture is being supported by the Realtek driver.

You're probably outside of any Acer warranty i'll guess..

Of course, it's for the HDMI!
Yes, sound capture is supported by Realtek. As i said, there is no logical explanation to why my computer is acting up like this.
I'll contact Acer and hear what they say. I've only had my computer for 19 months so maybe it still has some warranty.

Back