Microsoft movies

I purchased a movie thru microsoft store(gift card), I downloaded it to usb flash drive, but I am not very techy, so I did my best trying to burn a dvd-r. It went thru the motions, I think, on the screen but I never felt the optical drive moving. I have a Samsung blu ray player with a usb port. This is why I wanted a copy. Anyway, player just stays at loading and never stops. When I check the usb it's on there, but says I need to sign in to my MS account before it will play. But it plays fine on my computer. Can somebody please help me? I don't know where else to go from here.

Hi, So you have a movie that plays in Windows media player, the movie file is on a flash drive.
And you want to burn the file to a DVD to play it on a TV? Is that right?
If so then you will need to use a program to convert and burn the file to DVD. (DVD Authoring.)
If your PC plays the file then it could be in one of several formats, possibly MP4, but the DVD player may or may not use that format.
Generally, domestic DVD players use a format called .VOB, and you will have to convert your MP4 file to .VOB, then burn and 'finalise' the DVD before the DVD player will play it.
There are a few programs that will do all this work, it's not too tricky.

It can be done but consider whether it is worth the bother. Unless you intend to do this regularly the best and easy to use software is expensive. You need to be able to handle copy protection and change formats. If you have a laptop connect it to the TV with a suitable cable to play the film using Windows Media Player.

Back