Mobo drivers required etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys. names erich. i know you probly get alot of noobies like me, but i just wanna get all this driver crap over with. i performed a scan at DriverAgent.com and it said i had 67% Good Drivers. heres the link to the results:

http://www.driveragent.com/driverag...25&PHPSESSID=2a2df7e944d861daa6062d5f756f2a1c

im trying to raise my fps (in games like counter-strike), and also my downloading speed (kb/s). I share my connection with my brother, and im thinking maybe my 3 year old modem may be the problem, or my $10 router. =] it is a cable connection, but sometimes i download things horribly slow (10 kb/s or less!) and my fps in counter-strike is 40-60 and id like both of these to increase. if it has anything to do with bad drivers (ive looked around and people say that could be the cause), would someone please supply me with the links to the proper driver updates?

also, i have a fairly decent computer ($1400) so i really believe i should be performing better. thanks in advance for any answers. sorry for being such a noob. =/

EDIT - this is in mobos section because the mobo is the main driver i need to upgrade.

Hey, first of all Welcome to the community.
By no means am I an expert myself but i can suggest a few things.
The Audio card's driver u are using doesnt work well with Windows XP, i suggest u get a new one.
The Nvidia ones is your video card. Visit www.nvidia.com to get the latest driver + utilities they might have.
As in regards to the USB, its a Mother board issue, try uninstalling it, and then let Windows auto-find a proper driver.

Best of Luck, Nick.

Regarding your Router.
You should open up ports for the game to function well. It blocks some of the signals (behind built in firewall). Go to the Port Forwarding menu in the router and open your computer's IP to the Net. If you arent sure how to, go to Steams website, and they DO have tutorials & FAQs about it.

For motherboard drivers you must go the motherboard maker's site and download them from there.

ok i updated my motherboard drivers and im still at 60 fps. =/ i cant find that router tutorial on steampowered.com either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back