Modern Warfare 2 drama continues, remaining IW lead designers call it quits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Staff

Despite producing the most successful launch of any game to date with Modern Warfare 2, Infinity Ward’s entire lead design staff has resigned. It has been reported that the latest four employees to abandon ship include the final two lead designers: Steve Fukuda and Zeid Reike.

In a story we mentioned last month, Infinity Ward founders Vince Zampella and Jason West sued their parent company, Blizzard-Activision, for breach of contract after being fired for similar reasons. Since Vince and Jason were axed, the well-known game development company has bled roughly 11 staff members in protest, most of which have been pivotal talent. Interestingly, staff members continue to leave even after Activision made a promise to distribute Vince and Jason’s unpaid bonuses to those who remain employed.

While the drama unfolds, the two founding fathers of Infinity Ward have been hard at work on their next venture, aptly named “Respawn Entertainment”. In a sardonic twist of fate, Activision’s rival, EA, has also recently announced an official deal to be the sole distributor for Respawn Entertainment. The duo claims their next project is still on the drawing board, but word has it they will not be working on EA’s existing first person shooter franchises, Medal of Honor or Battlefield.

Permalink to story.

I'm not putting really high hopes on the next installment of this series....

/me still sore about lack of dedicated servers...

Agreed, although I'm looking forward to see whar respawn ent. come up with, since they invented COD i'm sure they can do another hit game =)

I guess over 1 billion dollars isn't enough for Activision. Looks like they're greedy *****s who've shot themselves in the foot to save a few dollars by not paying out bonuses. I also agree that I don't have much hope for the next version of Call of Duty.

This is another example of big companies destroying good products by trying to shape it their way

if it aint broken dont fix it!

If you like being mistreated, abused, and receiving no credit for your work, go ahead and apply TomSEA :p

Treyarch come on more zombies and good gameplay not ruined by nub tubes

Way to be EA, Activision. What the hell were these companies expecting when they sold out to the big guys in the first place?

They had a free weekend on Steam. First game I played I had horrible lag and eventually it kicked me off. Next game was ok, but overall left a bad first impression. Wasn't quite worth even $50. I'll stick with COD4 for now.

SO glad that they wont be working on Battlefield. I don't want the people that made MW crap working on Battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back