Most programs can't connect to Internet

bielius

Hello :)

My problem is that most programs can't connect to internet. Though firefox works perfectly. Those programs are Battlefield Bad Company 2, which says can't connect to EA when trying to log in to multiplayer, Bittorrent, which i can update, but seeding / downloading doesn't work. and any other game i tried to play online. I tried opening the ports for bad company 2, no key. I got windows XP SP3, NOD32 with firewall thingy, and Zonealarm. I tried turning both of them off, no success... And i have no idea what can that be?
Oh, and my laptop also can't download nor upload through bittorrent, so this leads me to think that my ISP is blocking connections?

Had the same problem with Tiger Woods golf until I called my ISP and asked them to look into it. I did have a very high ping but they sorted it out for me.

They block torrents where I am and about everything else they can think of but it doesn't stop me downloading. I use bitcomet and a yellow light comes on and tells you it's blocked but that only prevents you from getting remote connections the local ones still work and if ats a poular torrent I still get max speed.......I'd give that a try and check if that yellow light comes on you cant miss it..

Can't for the life of me think why they would block Battlefield.. very strange unless they don't allow gaming diue to the lack of bandwith.

If they aren't blocking anything port forwarding should sort out the torrents and maybe your gaming as well.

You can google your router and do it yourself or ask your ISP to talk you through it.

Thanks for the reply! everything was OK before a vacation which took me one and a half month. Before the vacation everything was alright. And i tried opening the ports without any luck. :( going to try bitcomet now, and reply after that.

Back