Mouse driver problem

Duthie

ok I just after bringing my desktop(Hewlett Packard) home from work and im tryin to connect it up to my Dell monitor,keyboard and mouse at home. All is working, I entered my password fine and then my mouse freezes when it says....installing device drivers at the bottom right. Dell keyboard still works fine tho....im guessin its a driver error or whatever....it even says device driver installed succusfully but the mouse stays frooze.... :( really annoyin...I have my orignal mouse at work which would probably work fine.

Any suggestions? And Id like to ask now since iv tried loads....Is there any device driver updaters out ther that are actually FREE? They all seem to scan for free...but then pay for software....dont wanna seem like a scab but just wondering...

A wired mouse should work automatically.
Is this a wireless mouse? If so, perhaps you could remove, polish, and reinstall your battery... or consider installing a new battery.

All HP device drivers are free. Which others are you having problems with?

no its a wired mouse! and I have two spare, tried both, ones a roller mouse(with the ball thinge) and the other is laser. both Dell mice! both same problem...work up until I sign in and then the installin device driver part appears,freezes,says succusfully installed then stays frozen...

I think its got somethin to do with my original problem which I never got fixed ages ago....I posted it here

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic160660.html

:/ Some problem with my usb drivers or something....?

Back