Mouse driver unloads using Radeon 9600XT..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Radeon 9600XT card. It works properly, but there is a strange problem...
I have a Logitech optical mouse, I have never had any problems with it before..

When i play Zero Hour or Generals, the mouse driver seems to unload itself or something similiar..The mouse gets "slow". It ignores the settings that i have made in the driver-software. I have tried several drivers, now i use the latest from logitech.

The same thing happends when i clone my display to a TV..i'm starting to think that it may be the graphic card drivers that cause the "errors"..? I have the latest from ATI.

Can anyone please help me find the problem?
It's very irritating :dead:

Thanks!
Svein Erik.

Ive had a similar problem a few years ago, my cursor started to feel heavy and wasnt as responsive, i fixed it with a game patch, so see if anyone else in the C&C forums has that problem and see if there is a fix, failing that, turn all of you graphics and sound settings down as low as they go in C&C, and see if its still slow, if it is, then i'd try another mouse.

If you have the latest ATI drivers installed, i cant see it beeing that, those are WHQL tested, so their 99.9% certain not to cause problems, but if you are that 0.01% margin, try using older drivers. try not installing mouse drivers too, use the default windows drivers, those Logitech mouseware drivers take up a lot of system resources.

ANother thing to try.

If its a USB mouse plugged into your motherboards USB ports, try updating your motherboard drivers, the USB ports drivers may not be functioning properly or something.

Good Luck ;)

Hei :)

Lenge siden jeg så en nordmann på dette forumet!

Over to your problem, I've been having a somewhat similar experience with a Radeon 9700pro and a Logitech MX700.

I've found that it's often caused by a program running in the background, as it'll somehow interefer with the mousedriver. After I removed most of the programs running in the background, I've not had a problem.
(Except in certain instances in Netscape when encountering a badly written java ad....)

If that doesn't help, did you have this problem when using the Cat 4.1? It might be worthwhile to regress the driver one or two revisions to see if that could be the cause of the problem.

It sounds like you're problem started recently, was it when you installed the 9600xt? If so, did you remove all traces of your old videocard drivers? If not this could be causing some instability in your system.

Also, as (=Dom=) said, try updating your motherboard and soundcard drivers.

Hope this helps, and if it doesn't, post back and we'll try to help you further out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back