Mouse problems, afraid it will lead to other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem isn't much but I'm worried that it will cause other problems because the computer just came in the mail yesterday and previously acted up.

I use Windows XP, Tablet eddition on a Tablet PC made by Averatec.

The mouse sometimes jumps. I know that's not a big deal but it makes me worried. It does it occasionaly, without warning, and sometimes this causes the webpage to go back the the previoius page.

This honestly isn't that big a problem but it happened to my Mom's latop and it seems to be getting worse and worse. Then again, her laptop isn't in any good condition.

I don't concider this much of a problem, but previoiusly the Windows loaded oddly and got stuck on this blue "windows" screen and after turning it off and on it still wouldn't work. It kept freezing there so I reformated the computer. (This is the day after I got it.) I'm not sure if I was supposed to reformat it, but the technical support was closed for the holidays and I was angry. (Btw, does formating too many times hurt a computer in any way?)

So right now I"m just trying to use it as much as I can to see if it glitches. Watching DVDs, updating it so turning it off and on to see if it goes to the screen again, ect.

But, does it seem like something is wrong with the system? I don't know.. I'm just worried if it does that blue screen again and if these mouse problems could mean more problems in the future.

Check the manufacturers site to make sure you have the latest drivers for the mouse you are running.

patio.

optical scroll mouse

hello people, i have a mercury c1330 optical mouse, and have just re-formatted my pc, now when i scroll down on pages, it doesn't scroll smoothy, this hasn't happend before, any ideas???

Tools >> Internet Options >> Advanced tab, then click Enable Smooth Scrolling.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

re: mercury optical mouse

well thanx for tellin me that but, the box it already checked, so i dnt no wat to do...get bak...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back