Mouse stops

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mouse is acting weird, quite frequently it just stops working and to make it work i have to plugg it in and out. i got an logitech mx500 and i don't think it's the driver.
My Keyboard is also having problems, stoping at random wich led me to belive it was a usb problem (both are connected in the usb). but i don't know how to solve it.
I just got a new computer with windows xp pro, and USB 2.0. i run sp2 and my keyboard and mouse were bought seperatly with 2 different drivers.

ty for you time

Time to try the PS/2 connections, unless of course you got a Dell without them!
USB is controlled by the CPU, so gets a lot more interference from other programs that are running, incl. Windoze itself.
Try running the mouse with the Windows built-in driver, it's quite good. Who needs all those Logitech functions anyway?
I have the MX700 on PS/2 with XP-Pro standard drivers. Works like a charm.

well, i need them to get scroll and mousebutton 3, 4 and 5 (wich i use in cfg on cs). they stop even if i don't have the drivers installed cuz this is a problem with my usb, maybe the usb driver.
i don't want to use the ps/2 cuz my wire isn't long enough, and this goes beyond just the mouse and keyboard.

anyone else?

No Techspot thread would be complete without somebody saying remove and reinstall the USB drivers -

"Remove and reinstall USB drivers.
Ensure all USB devices are removed from your system.
In Device Manager, remove all items listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB controllers, hubs, and devices).
Click Action, then click Scan for hardware changes. This will redetect and reinstall the USB drivers.

NOTE: A PS/2 keyboard and mouse are required to perform these steps."

Do you have any other USB devices connected ? If so try disconnecting them.

Try a clean boot.Go into msconfig and uncheck everything except AV/firewall

Links - http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4Y6LGU

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310575

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back