mp3 to wave to CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfe

mp3 to wave to CD
mp3 to wave to CD

I have downloaded an mp3 file, converted it to a wave file using MusicMatch and can play it on my computer but.....when I try to burn the wave file to a CD, I am unable to hear the wave file on the CD on anything other than my computer.

Can't hear it on my portable CD player.

Any suggestions?

Also, I used Bearshare for the download. Any suggestions on sites for mp3 music?

Well to start things off, some CD players might not be able to play CDR's. I know the older CD players can't play CDR's. That might be you problem. I have converted many many files before and have yet to have a problem using MusicMatch. Try playing it in another CD player and post back.

As far as sites I'm not sure of any, sorry.

easy cd creator by roxio does this perfectly. you just drag the mp3s onto an audio cd layout and it converts them back into audio tracks.

Anyway, what happens when you try to play this disk in your equipment? do you just hear nothing? because not all brands of cd-r play in hi-fi equipment and portables...

I tried it on a "couple of months" old portable Phillips CD player and my car CD player that's been around for awhile. I'll try another player and I'll try the Roxio drag and drop. I think that's how I did it originally but I'll try again.

Thanks

Try copying an audio CD and play it in those players, if it doesn't play either, you'll know it is just the players not being able to read the CDR. If it does play, then it is either an error in the way you burned them(or the way the software did it) or it may be a problem with the conversion from mp3 to wav.

Yeah, you might be recording it as data .wav files, not music .wav files. Dunno why this would happen.

Most modern day burning utilities automaticall format .wav's from .mp3's when you select them to burn onto an audio CD.

Hey, keep in mind even new players can't even read CD-Rs properly...sad things huh :(. From my experience, it much more better to burn audio CD-Rs at slow speed say 1x or 2x. For example if you wre to burn a CD at a higher speed let say 8x, and your CD=player reads at 2x, your player will have trouble reading the CD.

I was not using "audio". I used Easy CD Creator and it was easy. It did the converting for me.

Can use CD-R's but not RW's, at least in my car.

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by Phantasm66
most hi-fi equipment will not play cd-rw, only cd-r.
The opposite it true for many DVD players where CD-R was limited to stop pirating movies to VCD; they overlooked prohibiting CD-RW. My Panasonic is like this.
BTW: I've found that some CD players can't read CD-Rs that I write at slow speed (1x-2x) but they can if I write them at high speed (12x) on my Plextor 12x10x32x writer.

Originally posted by Elcarion
BTW: I've found that some CD players can't read CD-Rs that I write at slow speed (1x-2x) but they can if I write them at high speed (12x) on my Plextor 12x10x32x writer.

This is true. Burning at slower speeds should not be better. CD burning is done more "naturally" at higher speeds. A standard-strict write should not have problems however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back