MSN Messenger keeps sending messages by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
Today I opened a file that supossedly one of my MSN contacts sent me. It was an invitation to see his photo for myspaces and it came with a file named foto.zip. I opened and unpacked the file and the nightmare started.
Now the MSN keeps sending similar messages with the zip file included and my contacts are constantly receiving those instant messages. I assumed it was a virus, but my current Trend Micro can not clean it.
I have found the file foto.zip several times and I have deleted it. But it keeps coming back to the temp directory.
Actually Trendmicro Offiscan 6.5 has found TROJ_DLOADER.AIC in one file that appears hidden (in CONTENTIE.5) and can not be cleaned or deleted. This .exe file probably executes a program that keeps creating .exe files on C:\temp, which yes, they can be detected and deleted. We have the last engine for Oficescan, the pattern file is updated, but still can not clean it.
I have loaded fresh versions of SS&D and HJT. The log from HJT shows me that there is a process running that I can't recognize. I disabled it using HJT and deleted from memory. After I reboot the notebook, I got the trojan detected again, the foto.zip file is back and another .exe file start running, from C:\temp.
I tried House Call but it did not find the trojan.
I have rebooted in safe mode, ran the OfficeScan again, but no use.

Can somebody help me to clean this mess?
Thanks
maolvera

Try this..
Delete all files in the temporary folder.
Allow the computer to view hidden files/folders
Boot into safe mode and have it run a entire system scan.

All the p2p messenger services are dangerous and now you see why.
ANYTHING could have been sent to anyone.
Personally, I would uninstall it.

Did that

I have done what you suggested, make visible all hiddne files.
Did another scan, it was not detected.
But after I rebooted, it was detected in a location that I can't find and delete. The Offiscan can not fix it or deleted. Thanks.
Any other suggestion, please?

If it appears to be using MSN as its main source of communication, have you tried to uninstall MSN?

To do go to Start => Control Panel => Add/Remove Prog. => Add/Remove Windows Components.

Yes, that would "fix" the situation. But I intend to keep using MSN for instant messagging with some customers and friends. Thanks for your suggestions, Tuant.

Anybody else can provide some additional ideas? Anybody familiar with SS&D and/or HJT?
Thanks

this may help

try going through the steps in the viruses malware preliminary steps at the top of this forum. That helped me. It does take a coupe hours though.

I've run Spybot S&D for over a year now and it never interferes with anything.

It's a great product. The other tool for security is Spywareblaster!

If all else failes, you can use Trillian which is somewhat an all-in-one instant messaging software that allows you to communicate with people on 'aim' 'msn' 'yahoo' and 'ICQ'. The inter

Messenger Virus

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I was advised to try the scanner(s) here:

add ht tp : / / to the address...
for some £ame-@$$ reason it will not allow me to post links or URLs...

onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default

XComa said:
I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I was advised to try the scanner(s) here:

add ht tp : / / to the address...
for some £ame-@$$ reason it will not allow me to post links or URLs...

onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default

I'm confused, do you have question?

Thanks to all!

jujee said:
try going through the steps in the viruses malware preliminary steps at the top of this forum. That helped me. It does take a coupe hours though.

I went thru the preliminary steps and it helped me.

Avast antivirus found the virus and killed it!
AVG antispyware also helped me to keep unwanted files and cookies away from my computer.
I have installed these 2 permanently in my computer.
Thanks to all for their help and suggestions.

maolvera

No, no question I was offering some help or advise to whoever was having a problem with MSN
sending messages to their contact, likely while appearing offline.

Visit this website: onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default

Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner will likely assist in cleaning up that mess.

In the future I will try to be more clear.
If you read the post more carefully you should have understood that.

XComa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back