Multiple blue screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

adimak2006

hello, I usualy get these bsods when windows stars. I updated the video driver from intel support page and the error still appears, also run some tests with memtest for almost 13h and no error was found.

I got errors like:
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM 0x00000024
KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000008e
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x10000050
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x0000004e

Here are some minidump files.
Thanks.

F.Y.I. a number of those errors you listed are strong indicators of failed hardware and especially corrutped memory such as 0x8E, 0x4E, and 0x50 though 0x50 can be due a myriad of reasons.

Keep in mind bad RAM has been known on occasion. What make and model motherboard do you have and what is the make, type, and amount of RAM that you have installed? Can you access the BIOS to see the voltage your RAM is set at and compare it to your memory manufacturer's voltage specs?

* Also, besides Microsoft LIve OneCare are you running any other security software as well?

So I should change my RAM modules??

I have 512 sodimm (2x256) INFINEON on a sony vaio notebook with intel i815 chipset motherboard. I can`t see the voltage my RAM is set to in BIOS, it doesn`t show that information, just the amount of 512 which is correct.

Now i`m running my PC without any antivirus software installed but I used all kind of software such as AVG 9 Free, Avira AntiVir Free, NoD32.

Please look at my minidump files and tell me if I must replace my memory sticks.
Thanks.

I had read you minidumps before and besides the 0x4E you have multiple 0x50 errors 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

One 0x8E which are almost always caused by hardware.

And 0x24 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

* In every one of them they listed Windows drivers and these are usually too general to be of much help.

1. Find the make of your harddrive, go to the manufacture's website and download and run their free utility to diagnose your harddrive.

2. Make sure there are absolutely no remnants of any of those antiviruses present because they'll conflict with each other. By the way NOD32 is an excellent antivirus as is Avast and Avira.

3. Run your laptop with only one stick of RAM. Any BSODs? Swithc with the other stick. What are the results?

I`ve already done the thing with the switching RAM sticks and no effect, problem still appears. I ran multiple RAM tests with Ultimate Boot CD and the results were positive.
So i thought i might deal with a broken hard drive or some corrupted files from OS install disk.

I formatted my hard drive and made a clean install form a win bootable CD with no SP. Then i used microsoft windows update to upgrade my OS to SP2 and since i never got any blue screens.

But, two days ago i decided to use an antivirus software so i tried avira. Next time i restarted my notebook guess what...a big and annoying blue screen
(KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000008e 0xc0000005 0xf803084d 0xf39fa6c0 0x00000000 sysaudio.sys sysaudio.sys+384d 32-bit)

Without antivirus software and with XP SP2 seems that my laptop works fine. (for how long....i don't know)

My hard drive is a Toshiba and i didn't found utility tools from this manufacturer.
Thanks for replys, i really appreciate it.

Make sure all antiviruses are completely cleaned out from your system because any left over drivers will conflict causing system crashes.

unfortunately today i got another blue screen error. this time it says:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x1000000a 0x00000028 0x00000002 0x00000000 0x804f22b8 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+1b2b8 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) 32-bit

all antiviruses were cleaned out and still i get this blue screen, i had a feeling that the problem was not completely solved.
so what should i do now??

0xA errors are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting an IRQ Level that they were not designed for.

Can you attach that minidump in your next post?

The first dump cited memory corruption as your issue.

The second one is far more interesting. The error is 0xD1 and cited the driver Scutum50.sys Here is the the the thing: There is nothing on the web concerning this driver in English.

I had to have google translate from Chinese to English and discovered it is a driver from Printing Communication Associates. The additional information I discovered is the name of the software to which this driver belongs is PCAUSA Raweather for Windows and functions in Network protocol.

If you do a search for PCAUSA Raweather for Windows there is much on the net.

First thing i`ll change my memory and than wait to see what happens.

About this error 0xD1, i never had it before so i was also kinda surprised. i hope it won`t appear again with new memory sticks.

What about a bios update? Could this solve my problem? if i have no succes with other RAM memory of course.

Thanks.

How old is your system? 0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers but they also can be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM.

As for the BIOS there is no way to tell if that will or will not correct your particular issue.

i installed my new memory stick and untill now it's ok.
i got a blue screen on other machine so please someone look at this. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back