Multiple-display trouble with GeForce 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Im having a little trouble with a video card I just bought. Its an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB PCI card and I run a P4 2GHz 512MB RAM with XP-Home. When I installed the board and plugged my monitor in, the screen came in blank, but I could see my cursor. When I right-clicked with my cursor, the menu would come up, and I would click 'properties', but no window would show. When I plugged my monitor back into my motherboard, my desktop came back up, and the 'properties' window was up. I figured out that the motherboard chip was still enabled. I disabled the motherboard chip and enabled the video card, but Im still having this multiple display problem. I even went in and selected so that all windows would open in the video card display, but it only works on certain things, like the internet and taskbar and stuff. But if I try starting a program from my desktop, it starts in my old display.

Can anyone help? I appreciate it!

did you disable onboard video through the Device Manager or through the BIOS?
It also sounds to me like you have set up DualView, which you don't need if you aren't using multiple displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back