Multiple routers 6

ok well this is going to sound crazy but here we go i have a ubee cable modem router model number u10c037 out of that i'm going to two linksys wrt54g's to split to all the rooms in my house then in two of the rooms i have linksys befsr41's and finaly in one room i have a net gear wgr614v10 now it works sorta but i keep having to reset them every now and again right now i'm useing all of the down stream routers as switches what i'm asking is why do i have to keep resetting the system and what can i do to keep it from happening if anyone can help me in great detail i would be very happy i think its an ip address problem but not sure

Starting from the modem;
isp = = modem --->(WAN port)ROUTER#1​
then to have ALL systems on one network, daisy chain from R#1 to the next but
ONLY connect (LAN)-->(LAN) between all the others. Router#1 will now control
al DHCP assignments - - even for any WiFi router in the chain.

This requires that ONLY R#1 have an active DHCP, so each of the others need
to be set to disable DHCP.

1) One-by-one, connect Router#x via wire to a system, use your browser to access the
router default address, login using the user/password for that router, and DISABLE DHCP.

2) Many routers come preconfigured for lan address 192.168.x.1 where x is 0,1, or 2

Every network can never have duplicate IP address and if allowed, will case network failures.

As you disable the DHCP, also set a new default LAN address 10.0.x.1
where X is 1,2,3,... N and use a new X for each one you've fixed.
Thus, if ever they are wired R1(lan)--(wan)R2---(wan)R3---(wan)R4)
the addresses would be 10.0.1.1-->10.0.2.1-->10.0.3.1-->10.0.4.1
(but you don't want that for routing table reasons)

3) also change the default password for each router.
If your system login password is abcdefg,
you might set the primary router#1 password to abcdefg#1
router#2 to abcdefg#2 and so on.

ok well this is going to sound crazy but here we go i have a ubee cable modem router model number u10c037 out of that i'm going to two linksys wrt54g's to split to all the rooms in my house then in two of the rooms i have linksys befsr41's and finaly in one room i have a net gear wgr614v10 now it works sorta but i keep having to reset them every now and again right now i'm useing all of the down stream routers as switches what i'm asking is why do i have to keep resetting the system and what can i do to keep it from happening if anyone can help me in great detail i would be very happy i think its an ip address problem but not sure

But you haven't told us the reason why you need to reset the routers.? Do have to reset all the routers? What problems are you experiencing? Make sure you only have 1 DHCP server, assign your routers static ip addresses (they must be all in the same network).

Back