music server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for help finding a music server software that i can place on a server and use to access my music from other computers on the network. prefurably something that has a easy to use user interface. does any one have any thoughts? i currently have 45,000 songs

You just want the server or do you want to access the songs on the TVs in the house also and play the music over the network to the TVs directly to your home theater system. This is the way I do it. One PC on the network stores all the Music, well I have more than one with Music. I can access the songs into a nice GUI which will display Visuals tell you what's currently playing things like that.

There is a lot of free stuff online that can do this..

Or like you want to access the just audio over the network to other PCs can be done also.

Using T-Player http://pages.infinit.net/tplayer/download.htm it's free and works on the local and network drives to pull in all the songs. You can create Playlist to control your massive songs.

Media Monkey is another way too also free..

If you want a good GUI that you can run all on the PCs and pick and choose what you want to watch it also does video and if you have a S-Video you can connect it to your TV and use a wireless keyboard and mouse to do the same.

forums.gbpvr.com

I believe iTunes also allows you to stream music on any computer on the local network (the other computer has to use iTunes as well of course). You can even stream it to your living room if you happen to have the AppleTV. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back