My Acer, does not want to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Today I encountered a big problem with my Acer Aspire 3633 WLMi (3 months old) with Home edition Windows Xp on it: IT DOES NON WANT TO START.
I worked on it (Office) till yesterday evening an shot it properly. Today in the morning the laptop does non want to start. I did not make any changes to any cables, batteries, etc. What could be the problem ?
I must say that in the last 2 months from 1 of 3 starts, the laptop boots until the desktop is loaded an the it freezes there. I could not launch any application. I couldn't use the shut down meno nor even the Task Manager so I needed to restart (press the on/off button for about 5-6 sec.) or wait to the battery drains out of power. In this way I struggled with it until today morning when it did non start.
Please, could anyone help me (even e link, is not more). I am somehow desperate.
Thank you all, very much.

Hello and welcome to techspot

Can you tell us how its that your laptop won't turn on?
I mean do the power button do nothing?
Or the laptop is on for few secs then off, or it stops?
Sometimes windows did not boot properly and there;s only blank black screen... like that?

The more you tell us, the easier the problem we could identify and solve...

Hello,

The laptop does non start at all, the power button does nothing. It doesn't "move" nothing. I tried to take out the battery and try without it but the result was the same. The AC adapter works perfect, or seams to work ok.
Might be the fuse, or the motherboard ? I don't know ?
Thank you.

montecarlo said:
Hello,

The laptop does non start at all, the power button does nothing. It doesn't "move" nothing. I tried to take out the battery and try without it but the result was the same. The AC adapter works perfect, or seams to work ok.
Might be the fuse, or the motherboard ? I don't know ?
Thank you.

It's time to take it to a computer repair shop... Laptops/notebooks are rather fragile and complex to work on. You really need someone that is familiar with working on them

If you have not cleaned the fan since you got it it may have become so clogged with dust that it seized up and possibly caused overheating and failure. laptop fans are extremly small and thin which makes the clogg with dust easily. You problbly need to take it to a shop although acers do have removable access pannels for all areas that may need matinance or upgrade.(ram,minipci,HDD,Cpu/cooler)However any components outside of those (mainly other areas of the motherboard.) will require disassembly which should not be attemped unless you know what your doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back