My Acer laptop has a blank screen

Hi, I need some help, I have an acer aspire 5745g laptop which is only about 6 months old and it just wont work properly. It was freezing and turning itself off yesterday.
This morning it wasn't so bad but all of a sudden it shut down and when i turned it on it came up with the acer screen with press F2 go to set up in the bottom left hand corner, but then it went to a black screen with YY on the top left corner.
My virus protection is up to date and i did a scan this morn which came up clean.
I havent been able to find anything on the net to fix this problem. I cant even restore the factory settings. It is driving me mad, I would very much appreciate any help i can get.

If it is still under warranty have it checked. With limited info I could only suspect the following:

Battery/Charger failure
Overheating

Hi,

Black screen errors on your Acer laptops might be because some of the system files essential for the working of the system got damaged.

The black screen errors on your Acer laptops would continue to come up unless these system files are repaired.

The default Windows OS repair tool can be used for repairing the OS.

If users have a restore point that was created before the issue had come up, then restoring the OS to this restore point would also solve the problems.

http://supportforacer.iyogi.com/extensa/black-screen.html

Hope this information helps you.

Back