My computer keeps restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have just recently started to play world of warcraft agen i log in get on my toon. then my computer makes a slight click sound and restarts its self its usaly takes anywhere from 1min to 15min's before its happens. i have tryed the diable auto resart but it still dose it. theres no blue screen or anything.

i have an 02 computer
3000+ amd anthon XP prossor
80GB drive
512MB ram
S3 unichrome graphics card

plz help! ty:cool:

Sounds like the power supply unit (PSU) is overheating and the safety cut out is what is making the click.
Check that the fan is spinning and use a soft clean paint brush to clean the vents and the blades of the fan. If the fan does not spin, replace the PSU.
Do not under any circumstances try and open the PSU - there are bits in there that can kill.

ty but.... i forgot to say that i just replaced the psu i thought it mighty have been that but i guess not. =/ is there a possibility that the graphics card could be doing? or maybe the processor over heating because it could use some thermal paste.

thats what i thought also but i took a house fan and had it blowing into my pc and in my pcu and it still dose it.... this is very frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back