My computer keeps restarting when I try to play games

My computer keeps restarting everytime i try to play a game.
A few months ago i upgrade my 14.5inch monitor to a 21.5inch
Then while i was playing battlefield 2, sometimes my monitor will flicker black for a bit
It grew worse over time being more constantly and long. A few weeks later my computer doesn't flicker anymore... It restarts my computer.
So sometimes when i try to play battlefield 2 as soon as the game loads into the game or just loading in main menu, my computer will restart. Then i tried playing starcraft 2, dragon age 2 and my other games, they didn't have a problem at all.
Although a few months later almost every game i try to play my computer restarts even free to play games which doesn't require much graphics.

Heres what i tried to do:
Got a new power supply
reformat my computer and reinstall windows
i unticked the box for auto restart so instead of restarting my computer a blue screen will tell me the error (Even unticked my computer still restarts)
Ran memtest
checked coretemp didn't seem any problems

i was thinking if i need to get a new graphic card?
my motherboard is p5kpl-am
my graphic card is ATI radeon HD 4800 series
processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @2.66ghz (4 CPUs)

A quick test you can do is to remove the graphics card from the motherboard and then connect the monitor to the onboard graphics output. If this runs OK without any restarts you can be fairly confident your graphics card is faulty.

To prove this further, put your graphics card in another PC and see if it causes the same problem.

Attaching a few memory dumps would help us to give an analysis.

A quick test you can do is to remove the graphics card from the motherboard and then connect the monitor to the onboard graphics output. If this runs OK without any restarts you can be fairly confident your graphics card is faulty.

To prove this further, put your graphics card in another PC and see if it causes the same problem.

Attaching a few memory dumps would help us to give an analysis.

those are from my event thingy, not sure if it helps though

No, those screen shots dont help, but memory dumps would. Have you tried what I suggested.

Follow this intrsuction to post your memory dumps then we might get somewhere.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump. The files will have a .dmp extension. Zip up at least 5 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less than five just zip up what you have).

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

Close all the unwanted program before launching the game... as game requires high memory to run smoothly..

Back