My computer shut down and won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday i was burning a dvd and my computer shut down. it was making
a loud humming noise like a fan spining very fast. the light turns on when i plug in the cable for the internet and when i press the reset button after
unplugging and plugging in the computer the cpu fan jerks once then i have to unplug and replug it in again to achieve the same result. I've removed
everything but the hard drives and the dvd drives, bought a new power supply 500w. With the new power supply the computer does nothing.
help!!
specks
Wintergreen computer
pm800 m-2 mobo
p4 3.0ghz/800fsb
450watt psu
dvd-rom
dvd-r/rw+r/rw
nvidia 256mb video card
ati tvpro card
emuzed maui III card
sound blaster live card

I am running windows 64 AMD athlon 3500+ on ASUS MB that has the new PCI x16 graphics slot, I found out the hard way that it needs (constent power) at all times to work correctly. Hope this helps!

I think I am one of the few that had the same problem, mine had the same things happend I tried evrething I new and nothing worked tried for bout 1 hour, then I checked where the computer power cord connected to the wall, there was a loose connection, I unpluged the computer and pluged it back in to get a good connection and then cut my computer back on and (it worked)

Hello and welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:

it seems u have some hardware failure the best bet is to take it to the place that u bought it and geting the fan checked atleast that what i can summarize from the problem, check if the PSU is supplying power if the cord is connected properly inside and if both the PSU plugs are connected :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back