my first build.. lots of pictures. warning: 56k unfriendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

my first build.. lots of pictures!!!

this is the first computer ive ever built on my own (of course with some help on forums for software problems like making XP work lol)
theres a lotta pictures so.. 56kers.. jus to warn u =]

Special thnx to -->vnf4ultra<-- for helpin me put this thing together and to get it up and running

also Im not sure this belongs here.. but im not sure where it belongs either so please admins feel free to move this where it should be placed.

heres the specs first:
eVGA 138-NF43 Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Generic Samsung DDR400 RAM (from old PC)
eVGA 6600GT 128mb PCI-e
Fortron 450watt PSU
Samsung 120GB HDD (from old PC)
Pioneer DVR-108 (from old PC)
Thermaltake Swing ATX Case

here are the pictureees

ahhh look at that.. a box full of goodies... and the new parts.. a mobo, cpu, PSU n gfx card =]

mobos all naked with no friends yet

heres the case with all the plastic protective stuff.. a shot of the side window, and the HDD bay whcih faces the side panel

part 2

about an hour later, all the parts are installed.. time to grab the hdd and optical drives 15 mins later....everythings in there

and heres what the tower looks like =]

side window shot

heres what the HDD bay looks like.. it looks weird and the side panel kinda presses on the wires

part 3

messy wires... what else can i say

the coooling.. air flow is kinda bad.. only 1 exhaust fan..

i didnt like how the HDD was sideways n having my side panel pressing on the molex and IDE cables so i did a lil bit of lego mod oh.. and i fixed the wires.. as u can see.. green sleeving kit wasnt a good idea.. shoulda stuck with orange

well thats it for now.. im still trying to clean up my desktop so i can show u pictures of my new keyboard/mouse and speaker set =]
thatll be coming tmrw hopefully heheh

I hope u enjoyed my lil show! have a good evening

very nice first build. I think the green and orange look good. I am using nothing but blue in my case. congratz :grinthumb

hhehe thnx paul yah i got the green because i was planning on buying UV lights to make them glow..

unfortunately, the store doesnt carry them anymore and i can barely find a store to buy one from (without spending $20 per stick)

looks very cool! Would of never guessed those colors would look so good. Good job on your sucessful first build. Fun huh

You built that in a very short amount of time, congratulations. For my first build, I took so much time that I spent 1/2 of a day double-checking and changing the layout (ended up not mattering anyway). I'm a perfectionist by nature, but now, after building 100 systems, I get pretty slap happy, making novice mistakes. But they do go together in record time! Build a few more and you can go for the speed record. Most importantly, though, is that you had no problems. Nothing like problems to ruin your first build! I got a bad CPU and it made my first personal build a nightmare. Good job and enjoy your new computer!

Nice pick of equipment and also the color of your leads fits just fine :grinthumb Nice job of computer commen since. For ten years ago people couldnt build there own computers at all .Should be proud of yourself.By the way what camara did you use for your pics,Nice pics.

Oooo! So colorful. :) Nice looking system you put together.

If you are only using one graphics card at the moment, I believe you should be using the middle (blue) PCI-E slot. You should get a faster data transfer rate. Check your motherboard manual.

exero said:
looks very cool! Would of never guessed those colors would look so good. Good job on your sucessful first build. Fun huh
lol thanks. i would have preferred the sleeving kits to be all orange though. theyre UV reactive and i planned to get some UV lights but the store stopped carrying them.. anywho, thanks for the comment. i appreciate it :giddy:

jarodogg said:
You built that in a very short amount of time, congratulations. For my first build, I took so much time that I spent 1/2 of a day double-checking and changing the layout (ended up not mattering anyway). I'm a perfectionist by nature, but now, after building 100 systems, I get pretty slap happy, making novice mistakes. But they do go together in record time! Build a few more and you can go for the speed record. Most importantly, though, is that you had no problems. Nothing like problems to ruin your first build! I got a bad CPU and it made my first personal build a nightmare. Good job and enjoy your new computer!
yea for a first from-scratch-build.. i guess its not bad.. ive had some experience though since i pretty much took my old compaq apart to dust it out and apply a new TIM on CPU and add optical drives etc.. etc.. so i guess that helped me with my new build. I dont mean to brag but I thhink i could have done it in around 20 minutes lol. I took my time cuz it was $500 of my hard earned money so i almost read every word on the manual. hahah now i cant wait to build my 2nd one.

howdyhowdy said:
Nice pick of equipment and also the color of your leads fits just fine Nice job of computer commen since. For ten years ago people couldnt build there own computers at all .Should be proud of yourself.By the way what camara did you use for your pics,Nice pics.
what can i say. thank you sir. as for the camera, i used an outdated Canon Powershot A60. its 2MP but its been a good pup. =] BUY CANON!!! :D

mailpup said:
Oooo! So colorful. :) Nice looking system you put together
If you are only using one graphics card at the moment, I believe you should be using the middle (blue) PCI-E slot. You should get a faster data transfer rate. Check your motherboard manual.
lol.. colorful indeed. it turned out pretty nice.. still needs work on cable management.. i wanna change the green sleeves to orange though. oh ya im using the blue pcie slot =]

Thanx all for ur comments i feel all giddy inside :giddy:

Nice build truflip.

You might only have one exhaust fan, but it is a 120mm fan isn`t it? It should be able to shift quite a lot of air.

How many intake fans does your case have?

Regards Howard :)

I built my first comp in a weekend. Yet I got a bad mobo from gigabyte. They replaced it and now its screaming fast and glowing a nice cool blue. No doubt building a system is fun. and i get attached to my comp more than i did with my compaq. I barely let anyone touch it lol.

PaulWuzHere said:
I built my first comp in a weekend. Yet I got a bad mobo from gigabyte. They replaced it and now its screaming fast and glowing a nice cool blue. No doubt building a system is fun. and i get attached to my comp more than i did with my compaq. I barely let anyone touch it lol.

lol im kind of the opposite.. i let anyone i know test run my computer. i really proud of how it she turned out.. faster than i expected. and for cheap too.. wheee :bounce:

mailpup said:
That you are. I must be going blind.
*cough* geezer *cough* ... :haha: im jk im jk.. its funny cuz ur comment made me look at the pictures about 3 times.. and then i opened up the case.. got my flashlight and inspected.. then im like.. hm.. it is the blue one lol

howard_hopkinso
thank you very much mr. howard hopkinso, yes my fan is a 120mm running at about 1300rpm.. surprisingly, its doing quite a decent job coooling my system. after a couple weeks.. i decided to add an 'intake' fan. .its not even really an intake.. theres a bit of a space under the case at the front so it can suck air in.. it doesnt have much effect cuz the fan is 80mm.. im gnna have to replace it with a 120mm to make it work better..

Regards Truflip :wave:

vnf4ultra
hehe thanks man.. that lego modd took me a long time to make.. i had to take the pieces apart which is a pain in the **** cuz theyre tinny lil things. and i had to rebuild the mount twice. the drive is actually suspended by two elastic bands =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back