My first computer build for gaming

joeyboblin

Hello everyone, i have been playing games on my laptop and its just not good enough at all anymore. I have always wanted a nice gaming computer. I have recently been trying to learn about it all and build my own gaming computer to save some money. I did have a plan that was including the i7 intel 950 GPU, but after learning a little more i am kinda leaning towards AMD x6. Since i mostly plan to play games on it i read that AMD is good for gaming and it could save me money.(some use of other things maybe college work, but i also got this laptop so mostly strictly gaming maybe) So now im confused and starting over trying to think what to combine for good rig. I want a rig that can be very fast and handle games with graphics all the way up (right now graphics at minimal low and still laggin : / especially starcraft 2) and to handle furture games like possibly the new mmo blizzard will release in the next 5 years or whatever.

So with all that said I came across the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula ATX Motherboard 2600MHz (Socket AM3). I thought this would be a good start. I was going to use corsair memory but now idk if it will go with ASUS since it says to go with intel junts. So idk about that for one and im just getting frustrated trying to study for this lol. I am trying to come on with a good build idea so what would be best with this mobo for jaw dropping graphics i want. I dont want an expensive rig over 1000 is getting way too much but i dont have to buy it all now meaning i could spend close up to 1000 at the end of this project, maybe... i was definetly wanting AMD x6 and was thinking the AMD - Black Edition Phenom™ II X6 Processor 1100T but do i need that could i get another X6? I was looking at the radeon graphic cards but not sure which one to get. Doesnt have to be radeon tho.
SO if anyone is an expert or any experience could help me out i would greatly appeciate it. I am completely new to all this so plz explain anything to me as to why i should get a certain part rather than other parts. If i should get a different mobo and AMD or go back to the intel i7 idea then tell me i dont mind if i can save more money and have the gaming experience i want thats great i could put future money into sound and great monitor and such. Or if there is a good gaming computer to just buy that has what i want for the good price. THanks for the help and sorry for such a looooong post but i felt i needed to get most of my thoughts down so that you could understand what it is im looking for. BTW i do not plan to overclock i don't want to ruin anything i put so much money into and feel i don't need to overclock intil maybe in the distant future and i know more about how to do all that safely. Also i was looking at the PSI cyclone case cuz it looked awesome tell me ur ideas on that to and if i should get that or get sumthin more durable.

My first suggestion is that you need a TL; DR.

I read some (IMO) poor choices, and I also happened to notice that you say that you're pretty clueless.
Therefore I went over your plans briskly.

So lets get started, first thing we need to know is a budget, and what that'll include, i.e. will that include a monitor? Mouse? Keyboard? OS? ect...

First off i dont know what TL; DR is??? And secondly I am not too sure about my budget. I want a nice gaming computer that will last with upcoming games. i would say around 800 or so but i will go up in price if i need to. Yes i will need OS, i have a keyboard and mouse ( i can upgrade those later) and i am planning on getting a nice monitor but i could use my old dell monitor for now then upgrade to a better monitor in the near future. Looking at my budget and such maybe the AMD X4 will be better and cheaper mobo idk if those are good enough. Cuz yes your right i am pretty much clueless

I Don't know what to think as a budget maybe 700 and get a really good monitor. I really don't know how much power i need... The cheaper the better,but main purpose is good gaming rig. Im open for suggestions. THanks

Thanks. The entry level seems just a little less power then i would seem to want and it says casual gamer which i want sumthin more than casual,average.

all in all it is 877 or sumthin with monitor and others.
let me get my budget straight. i would like to spend 700 to 800 on just the core system then buy monitor and OS not included in that 700 to 800. Also would the AMD be better for gaming than intel?? The thing is too I could exceed my budget too if i want if it is worth it. So looking at the entry level seems i wouldnt be satisfied.
I want a rig for hardcore gaming not casual gaming

*** hi hellokitty i posted that before u posted. i like where your head is at saying that it might be get pricey but that u think its Worth it. and u responded with the total about 800 without including monitor. You were reading my mind in mid post hahaha.

Do u feel that the intel GPU would be better for gaming. i read somewhere AMD would be better.
And i have been looking at 6gb of memory this whole time would 4gb do me fine? Also would i click on that GPU wouldn't show link but im sure i can find it some other way
That is very good build a lot more what im looking and might just be my computer system. for thanks for reply i got to work so i would get back to all this in like 4 to 5 hours

At this time Intel is the better option for gaming; the configuration that hellokitty has proposed would be a very solid gaming rig at a reasonable price.

ohh ok i was thinking intel the whole time then read some info to make me think AMD would be better.

The more i think about this build the more excited i am getting. the HD 6950, the i5 2500k and the mobo sayin its great but can be awesome with future overclocking. WHich as i said before i would not overclock at this time but maybe in future.

Thanks for the replies if you think of anything else let me kno. I really need to get to work this build is getting me pumped lol.

ok thanks for the help I am goin to buy this build probably tomorrow and wait a night just to be safe. The next thing would be what case??

I want a really cool looking case with blue lights. :cool:

I am not sure how much money i should spend, for the build u suggested, on a case. I have found these cases can you help me rule out what i should do.

http://www.xoxide.com/sunbeam-transformer-case-black.html

THis was the first one i wanted just because it looked so crazy. On reviews one said the fan is loud and i don't want that so that might no be a good choice plus idk if the site is trusted.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119227

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153

Both of these are around 50 to 60. the question is, is that how much i should spend for my build or is that too cheap?? i am not sure.. if so which one would be better???

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4675290&Sku=T925-1321

This one looks cool having three blue lighted fans. it is 100$ should i get this one or is that spending alot on a case for my build. And is reported that all fans are quite. So that is very good.

So if you can help me rule out if something is wrong, or not a good choice or tell me which would be better i would greatly appeciate your opinion. Also, if you know of another cool blue lighted computer cases that would be good or better let me know.

Keep in mind, Next step after this would be buying a great monitor for the build. I also have to get OS which prolly be windows 7.

Well you said you wanted a cool looking case with blue lights, so pick whatever fits your description; there's a reason why I don't link a case when I suggest parts. I wouldn't want flashing lights, but there are many many other cases with blue lights.
Spend however much you want a cheaper case won't kill your computer. The cooler master might have slightly higher build quality.

Keep in mind, Next step after this would be buying a great monitor for the build. I also have to get OS which prolly be windows 7.
Ok?

Back