My old computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukemgt

My Old E-Machines T-4170

Exactly a year ago, my old computer quit working.

I found it in the back of my closet today and I really want it to work again.

When I turn on my computer and monitor, my monitor says "no signal". I hooked up my monitor to another computer and it worked perfectly fine. The computer is an E-Machines T-4170.

What can I do to fix it.

I'm not going to pay to send out a five year old PC.

Try a new power supply or a new video card. You can get these cheap on ebay, or swap one out temporarily from another pc. If that doesn't work, well you are out of luck and should send your computer to the appropriate recycling center (seriously)

Te best graphics card for the PCI interface is the nVidia GeForce 6200 PCI. It's a nice card, should work on your PC

I dont know if I where you if I would waste my time on it, I had an Emachines T2642 and the Motherboard blew alittile after it was 2 years old. And before it complelty blew out the ethernet port and the sound went out. So im guessing if you have intergrated graphics possibly it blew out on the mtoherboard. And if it is intergrated you will put in a AGP, PCI, PCI-Express card and then the motherboard might go. I know mine I put in a PCI ethernet card but didnt worry about the sound. So it could also be a sign that your motherboard is going out of it as well. How old is the computer. And the local comptuer shop wanted $300-400 dollars to put a new one it since you almost have to either buy a new copy of XP or fight Microsoft trying to get windows back. So yeah I just salvged parts from it

It was only four when it went out. I was so pissed. It makes me afraid to by computers. Some people spend thousand on PC's that are shot with like 3 years.

I wouldn't bother messing with it. Emachines are notorious for poor quality.
I sell off/salvage workable parts and buy/ build a decent computer.

^Seriously?

I bought a T4010 new for like $700 with a monitor and got $330 back in rebates.

It's been a million times greater than the T4170. I had to restore that at least every month.

Anyways...

What do I need to do to put the T4170's hard drive into T4010 while having the T4010's be the master. The T4170's one still has all the old files and folders on it. The Hard drive is the only thing that could be usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back