NDPS and Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

sllewe

OK, So we are trying to get two machines running 2000 to print to a HP 1320N laser printer. The machines are on a network. The printer uses NDPS drivers and we had to maunally add them. After doing so, the printer appears on the main list, but we are still unable to print. The PC loads the test page on the queue but still no print. We have tried updating the machines with ndpslpxp.bat and the NDPS folder appears on the C:

Why wont these machines print.

Is the printer connected via CAT5 cable to your router?
Do you use a printserver (if so, is it connected to the network?) with parallel/USB connection?
Could your firewall stop the printer?

Yea the novell stuff is a pain in the backside! But its what the school system uses.

I did get the printer to work. I had to call up some "professionals" at central office (i am 17 and still learning mind you) and they had me run the command, acucheck or whats it acufix? I have no idea what it does. Then clear the queue and reboot the printer and waalaa it worked.

I have just been put in charge alot of comptuers at school (300) and will be posting more of these mundane issues time to time. So thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back