Need a good sound card

Broeci

Hello,

I just got myself a Roccat Kave headset with real 5.1 Dolby surround sound. But my motherboard only has 3 plug-ins for sound, a green,a blue and a pink one. A Roccat Kave has a yellow, a black, a green and a pink cable. So I need a Sound card, but I don't know what a good sound card is that isn't to expensive and can fit on my motherboard. Does anyone know a good soundcard for a reasonable price?

My specs are: CPU: i7 2600
Motherboard: gigabyte ga-ph67a-d3-b3
Sound: Realtek HD 7.1

These generally do the trick for reasonably priced 7.1 sound cards:
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 This is a good card at a decent price. generally my recommended <$50 card
ENCORE ENM232-8VIA 7.1 This is one of the cheapest cards out there. It is basically an integrated audio chipset soldered onto a PCI card. If you just want to hook up your headset and are not that concerned with sound quality it should work.

I'm not sure about price/avaliblity in Holland though. The Sound Blaster should definately be avalible since they are extreamly common but I don't know what the price is. The ENCORE may or may not be avalible but if not there are probably other cards using the VIA VT1723 chipset avalible.

From the hardware configuration that you have, I will go for either Creative or the Asus Xonar D2x sound card. My personal preferences theXonar D2x because of the quality and value. Please check the provided link for detail specification.

Back