Need help burning dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.

armen115

Hello.. I have some old movies that I would like to burn to DVDs. I have 4.7GB DVD-R's that I bought and I am using Nero 8. The first time I tried burning a DVD I used NeroVision and I used a video guide. In the very last part where you choose to burn to a dvd it showed the person choosing their dvd drive, but for me the drive wasnt there, so I chose to save it to my documents. I have a Dell Dimension 3000 and im pretty sure it has a Burning Drive because where you put in the disc it says compact disc ReWritable and the DVD rom symbol. Should I use Nero Burning Rom instead or can someone guide me through the process?

Any help Appreciated!

Ok to start with you can't burn dvd movies that are copyright. For example like The Hulk or Spiderman. As it would be illegal. Now if its home movies you are after to burn new copies now you can do that. And i don't think your computer has a dvd burner. If it did it would say something like dvd writer. now i might be wrong though. Now i have read your computer has a dvd reader though.

The problem is, the MPAA doesn't want/allow you to copy DVDs. So the method you are using won't work for any major movie released since about 1992.

You will have to 'break the law' and defeat their encryption in order to backup a dvd.

Google for DVDShrink and/or DVD Decrypter.

If you have Nero, you should no longer have problems backing up most of your DVDs.

Some will still error out, but there is always a way...

You Show be able to select the source and destination drives. I can't tell you how b/c i am still using Nero7. As was mentioned earlier you won't be able to copy copy protected movies. What you could do is use this software https://www.techspot.com/downloads/956-dvdfab-decrypter.html It allows you to copy a protected movie to your hard drive. The program removes the protection while it copies the movie. After the movie is copied to the drive open Nero and do a recode. That should work.

Lol no no its not illegal I am burning movies from a trip I went on to give to everyone in my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back