Need Help: Geforce 4 not letting BIOS start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zraxius

Hey Guys, I just bought my Gainward Geforce 4 ti4800 128 meg 8x agp card, and when first installing it, everything was ok. Now 4 days later, after I turned the computer off than turned it back on the next morning, my bios doesn't load up at all. All I get, is a display of the stats of my card, then either a blank black screen, or the stats show up again permanently instead of my bios loading, and then going on to windows. I've installed all the latest drivers for my vid card and mobo, reseated the card several times, and tested the system with my much older Radeon 7500 which works fine. I have had this problem before and I just used my Radeon to get into the bios and change the vid card settings to AGP. The settings are still AGP and still I have the same exact problem. If anyone knows anything on how to fix this problem, I'd REALLY appreciate it! Here are my specs......

Enermax case w/350w power supply
VIA KT4V MS-6712 mobo
AMD Athlon XP 2100+ processor
512mb pc3200 DDR RAM memory
Gainward Geforce 4 ti4800 Powerpack ultra 750 8x AGP graphics
ATI Radeon 7500 64mb pci (for troubleshooting)

The card is defective. Return it. No arguments. You have proved its defective by the tests you have done.

Tell the store what you told us.

Originally posted by Phantasm66
The card is defective. Return it. No arguments. You have proved its defective by the tests you have done.

Tell the store what you told us.

Thanks man, did it, new card is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back